1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I'll take your word for it then.:lol

The question then becomes: Could Hot Toys actually make the figure with the Phicen body or their own version of it? Or would we be left to buying a HT figure and also finding the right size/type of Phicen to cobble together our own custom version?

They went somewhat in that direction with Resident Evil, but I think they are planning a new body if the Alien Ripley gets in production

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I think Leia turned out great. Can't wait to get her. The backdrop looks pretty cool. Well worth using points to get her for free.

i think by far - the slave leia and the "ear bun" hairstyle leia are the two best looks of leia... very very iconic. others are great choices too - but - these two would be my all time favorite / iconic looks. if i were to chose among all these two rank right on top.

I would buy/pre-order a HT "Slave Leia" within seconds of any announcement made based on this current piece.

Nope, because it wasn't plastered all over the ****ing known internet like the "retiring" news was. So, it never made its way to my shores. Would be nice to see a source though. I was irritated as hell over it for a while.

Wait, I still am, lol. :p

Thats the problem with the current media reporting network. They just copy one story (without fact checking) to every ste known to man until the weight of the press makes the rumour all originating from that one suspect story a fact.

Kathleen Kennedy interview in Vanity Fair:

Referring to a notorious scene in Return of the Jedi, I asked Kennedy if she would ever have put Princess Leia in a golden bikini—the famous “slave Leia” costume that is embedded in the collective unconscious of legions of men who were adolescents in the 80s. “With a chain around her neck?,” Kennedy asked, arching an eyebrow and laughing. “I don’t think that would happen.” She quickly added that she didn’t think George Lucas would put her in that bikini today. Despite rumors, Disney is not banning the image from future Star Wars paraphernalia. Mellody Hobson, Lucas’s wife, said, “George is not apologetic about that bikini,” elaborating that he had said, “The one thing I know are boys.” Hobson went on: “He thinks that was a very important scene. He would probably do the same thing today. He is not apologetic at all.” A small statuette of the cast of Return of the Jedi, featuring Leia in her bikini, sits outside Kennedy’s office. She hasn’t taken it down.

Meet the Most Powerful Woman in Hollywood | Vanity Fair

I think Leia turned out great. Can't wait to get her. The backdrop looks pretty cool. Well worth using points to get her for free.

Where have you seen pics of the backdrop? Have a post or page number if its here? Thank you.

Where have you seen pics of the backdrop? Have a post or page number if its here? Thank you.
000001.jpg

I may be alone in this, but I think the backdrop actually came out great. I love the fact that it has a multi-layered effect. The scene choice is also good and has the iconic feel I'm sure they were going for in tying it to Leia's first appearance on screen. I might have gone with the cell block to get the other characters involved, and it would have been nice if it had been made of a more substantial material, but I'll take it!

I dont like the backdop,so won't be using it.
love the figure though.

I may be alone in this, but I think the backdrop actually came out great. I love the fact that it has a multi-layered effect. The scene choice is also good and has the iconic feel I'm sure they were going for in tying it to Leia's first appearance on screen. I might have gone with the cell block to get the other characters involved, and it would have been nice if it had been made of a more substantial material, but I'll take it!

If Hasbro made it in the 90's I would have been over the moon; but it really falls short of anything I think goes with the quality of a Hot Toys figure. It looks like a cardboard cutout with "details" drawn with think black lines.

I mean, if I had remembered to pre-order in time to get the exclusive I'd "take it" too. But I am not in anyway feeling I missed out on something and I almost always want the exclusive if I can get it.

I'm excited about the backdrop. I'll take any kind of 1/6 scale Star Wars environment and for free to boot, considering Leia had no NRD. I'm anxious to line up some Stormies in front of it. If anyone wants the backdrop I'm sure jumping on that wait list now and I'd guess your chances are pretty good of converting since many people did preorder with no NRD but won't be able to pull the trigger when it drops.

Thank you Jaymas!

Yeah, it certainly doesn't rise to the level of a selling feature, but as a bonus that cost me nothing I think its a nice additional feature to have. I bet if you light it right it will look very nice.

Yeah, it certainly doesn't rise to the level of a selling feature, but as a bonus that cost me nothing I think its a nice additional feature to have. I bet if you light it right it will look very nice.

You sacrificed free shipping by ordering the EX.

no harm with that. your views are always insightful ... i still have the same old problem... just cant stop indulging in 1/6 - miserable that i am...

Hey Leon. Oh none at all actually. I'm just in here for a bit of a perv on the Leia figure :monkey3

I just wish it was better in scale - as it is, the details are about twice the size they should be. SSC's Ben table that came with R2 was a bit underscale, but it still kind of worked - this is way too big.

Maybe in a perverse way, the overscale works with the underscale HT Interrogation droid and mouse droid.:dunno

Leia looks amazing.

I'd be surprised if an ESB Leia was a sure thing, many people would think twice about getting one if they already had this. This is the more iconic look.

So only Boba Fett to go now and then maybe no more OT figures this year from HT other than possibly Stormtrooper Han? I'm hoping for an announcement on Luke and Yoda soon.

Back