1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Were final production photos of Thor shown? I thought I saw them but maybe I'm wrong.

Someone on the Thor thread said they already shipped in HK. If this is true it looks like Thor will ship before Leia in the US and I should order Thor first.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Did they ever reveal what the backdrop looked like?

Is there any chance the EX will come back off waitlist?

Is there any chance the EX will come back off waitlist?

Maybe if they reveal the backdrop is just solid black like in the promo photos. :) Definitely a strange one, I don't remember any figure where the exclusive was a total unknown long after PO and just before the figure is supposed to ship.

Maybe if they reveal the backdrop is just solid black like in the promo photos. :) Definitely a strange one, I don't remember any figure where the exclusive was a total unknown long after PO and just before the figure is supposed to ship.

Haha, yeah, I was waiting for a reveal before I purchased, I probably would just get the regular due to space issues but it would be nice to know what it was and if it could've worked with other characters (like for example, an escape from the death star hangar backdrop).

12017629_10153122987467344_6088361831127780763_o.jpg

With Han, Chewie, and Kenobi in hand, and Luke on pre-order, Leia is all I have left to order. Picking this up isn't a question for me, I'm getting it, but I did just notice that figure comes with a stand that grabs her around the waist rather than the one the rest of the figures come with. This makes sense because she is wearing a dress and the other stand really wouldn't work, but couldn't they have made the "pinchers" that go around her waist white so it blends in a bit more?
Hot-Toys-Display-2015-San-Diego-Comic-Con-SDCC-025.jpg

My sideshow Leia stand was like this and I never really liked it because there was no way to hide the black wire. I wouldn't want to paint it because I wouldn't want to risk paint coming off on the clothing. Perhaps I won't use it and she can just lean against the gray post the wire "clamp" fits into for extra support. I know a lot of these figures stand pretty well on their own, but I always use the stands because they cost too much to have them fall over and risk getting scuffed. Besides, I really like the base and I am using them for all the other figures.

Anyone have any ideas of other alternatives that might be used that would work with the base that doesn't use the black wire "pinchers" that go around her waist?

I'm going to swap the waist grabber with a crotch one and slide it up her dress... sounds so wrong but really don't see why it wouldn't work.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I'm going to swap the waist grabber with a crotch one and slide it up her dress... sounds so wrong but really don't see why it wouldn't work.

That would be the easiest solution, and worth a shot. But as you can tell from seeing the back of Luke in the background of the picture above the "crotch" stand does go out horizontally from the figure a bit before it makes the 90 degree turn to fit down into the gray post. This will likely be seen poking through the back of the dress right under where she sits on it. I'm guessing this is why Hot Toys switched out from using it for the other one they are using now. The crotch stand might look just fine straight on though as long as you can't really see her from the side or back.

I'm going to switch out the waist-grabbing stands for crotch ones for both my Leia and Scarlet Witch figures when they get here. I won't mind if their dresses stick out a bit in the back... the black waist-holding stands look too awful!

I'm going to switch out the waist-grabbing stands for crotch ones for both my Leia and Scarlet Witch figures when they get here. I won't mind if their dresses stick out a bit in the back... the black waist-holding stands look too awful!

Yea, it is bad... again if it was at least white it might not be so bad, though perhaps I still wouldn't like it. I do think the problem is less a problem on Scarlet Witch than on Leia though because at least SW's dress is black and it doesn't stand out as much with the black wire around the waist.
HotToysScarletWitch.jpg

Pretty lame ex, feels like something that should come with the regular edition too

That would be the easiest solution, and worth a shot. But as you can tell from seeing the back of Luke in the background of the picture above the "crotch" stand does go out horizontally from the figure a bit before it makes the 90 degree turn to fit down into the gray post. This will likely be seen poking through the back of the dress right under where she sits on it. I'm guessing this is why Hot Toys switched out from using it for the other one they are using now. The crotch stand might look just fine straight on though as long as you can't really see her from the side or back.

The SSC Leia had the same waist stand. I just tucked it under her belt, in a typical straight forward pose you didn't really see it or the bump in the back of her dress.

You could try one of those Y crotch stands... depending on size/pose it could be hidden as well.

It also is a HT figure, I have found stands are rarely needed... Its not a SS figure:) Unless you live right next to a train line.

Take the metal part off the stand, wrap a rubber band on the post, put one of the figure's legs through the rubber band and cover it with the dress. I'll PM you my PayPal account account info.

Here's my other posing tip. Grab the stand in one hand, grab the metal part in the other. Take them apart. Now take all pieces of the stand and put them away in the box, or optionally, toss them in the trash. Now pose the figure without a stand. I know it's a lot more work, but the results are worth it.

Yeah it's always strange to me how people get bent out of shape over exposed joints but have no problem at all with one of those ugly waist-grabbers or crotch-grabbers, which to me are far more distracting. Especially with how they often bunch up or cinch in the fabric.

As for Leia, you could probably do something as simple as stick a short wooden dowel (or metal pole) into the grate and attach it to her leg with a rubber band.

The SSC Leia had the same waist stand. I just tucked it under her belt, in a typical straight forward pose you didn't really see it or the bump in the back of her dress.
Yea, I've done that too, but had better success with Sideshow Luke, Han and Ben who had bigger belts.

Take the metal part off the stand, wrap a rubber band on the post, put one of the figure's legs through the rubber band and cover it with the dress. I'll PM you my PayPal account account info.

yea, I was actually trying to think of a way to attach the leg to the post but something as simple and as obvious as a rubber band didn't occur to me :slap Thanks.
Yea,

No pics with her hood up right? Like when shes giving R2 the message for ben?

No pics with her hood up right? Like when shes giving R2 the message for ben?

Not that I've seen, but I would like to see it and have that as an option.

Back