1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have any recommendations for either kitbashes or 3rd party versions of this figure? It’s just too much nowadays.

I'm looking at one on ebay for ?400 and I just can't pull the trigger on it, not when 95% of the figure is that awful dress. And this repaint doesn't help...everytime I see it on instagram it blows my mind.

95147428_241903663824132_5527472825956608759_n.jpg

Very nice repaint, but that wouldn't stop be from looking to acquire the figure, and I don't think I'd consider a repaint as it's pretty darn good stock

I'm looking at one on ebay for ?400 and I just can't pull the trigger on it, not when 95% of the figure is that awful dress. And this repaint doesn't help...everytime I see it on instagram it blows my mind.

View attachment 486854

That's a really nice repaint. For people considering a repaint, I would suggest paying $100 for the FireToys version, as the sculpt is pretty similar. That way you won't have to pay $400 for a figure and then shell out more $$ for the custom paint job.

D0890D61-CC80-434B-BA4A-C1A66EF94DEE.jpg6AD515B7-38A9-4717-BF15-70FDF9FF19AF.jpegDD532AC7-381B-4EE5-8807-984DA349C045.jpgA35B8859-D55D-428E-AABC-9C4B4B8A9F2A.jpg
I prefer the original over the repaint.

Me too! I see carrie fisher/princess leia 100% on this figure. One of their best likeness. I have just bought leia and she is really awesome. 400 usd? In new condition? Where? Because I paid more for her.

And yes, the dress is not at the same level than the sculpt or the paint job but it works perfectly on the figure once you pose here (but I agree that it is very dificult to manage..). I post 4 of my photos to show how proud I am! Lol.

I had the chance of buying her for 250€ at the beginning but I heasitated and when I took the decision it was too late for that price. She is around 500? now..,more than the 400 you said, so if you say that you found this figure at 400, if I were you, I?ll buy it;)

Love the Jazz Inc diorama Manu! Was it difficult to get Leia to kneel in that position? I have a backdrop of that scene, but I'm using the stand to help her bend over to R2.

Yes, its a little bit dificult to pose her like this on my opinion. Because of her dress specially...and also yo need find the correct position of this figure to “turn it into live”, I have other pictures with slightly different pose and the figure looks like a toy...also light is very important and the diorama to have a part of the movie in you house. I bought the deluxe leia with the background on paper but if you can afford it, buy the jazzinc diorama while it’s still available. It’s the cost of a new figure but it changes everything when pose, lights and the diorama are all together:).
Before the kneel pose I tried diferents posses bending over to r2 but I’ve never used the stand:)
What a nice figures!!!!now i’m thinking on c-3po to complete the scene...I eould like a stormtrooper or vader but, they look off here..lol

Sorry, the pound sign got changed to a question mark...400GBP so, $500?

It?s the price I payed for her...It?s a lot I know, but the prize I had to pay if I wanted her on my collection. Yo don?t need to repaint her:) she is absolutely perfect!and the dress...yes...but pose her in a good way and she would loke awesome:)

Nice display, Manu! I wish I had room on my shelf for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol. In all honesty, it's more like we can't afford that display. That's why I just have the background picture. Thanks for the info Manu. I may try to display my Leia that way.

In that case, better than the background you could try this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/custom-sta...164991?hash=item23c46a6f3f:g:AMgAAOSw1jpcQ38P

I think that if you have leia and r2d2 it will be better than the original one. Also for lights I bought “cabinet leds” that cost me 10€ (Amazon).

I’m sure that you will get sn excellent representation like this and for less than 50€. Just be careful with leia and don’t force the articulations. I had a slight scare whith one of her legs trying to get the perfect pose (not in this position, but trying to pose her in the most natural way possible).

Hope to se photos when you try it:)

In that case, better than the background you could try this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/custom-sta...164991?hash=item23c46a6f3f:g:AMgAAOSw1jpcQ38P

I think that if you have leia and r2d2 it will be better than the original one. Also for lights I bought “cabinet leds” that cost me 10€ (Amazon).

I’m sure that you will get sn excellent representation like this and for less than 50€. Just be careful with leia and don’t force the articulations. I had a slight scare whith one of her legs trying to get the perfect pose (not in this position, but trying to pose her in the most natural way possible).

Hope to se photos when you try it:)

Oh I like that better. My background is the same as that but without the added floor piece. Yeah I'll try to mess around with posing my Leia like yours. It's only temporary until I finally get a 3PO in my collection.

Back