1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

20160419_190003.jpg
20160419_185925.jpg
20160419_185917.jpg
20160419_185849.jpg
20160419_185823.jpg

Love it so far. Just a quick mock up of how i want them. Probably 20-30 mins of messing with the clothing to make it perfect. Expensive luke accessorie.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

The dress has length in that pic...am I seeing things?

Yeah even though I've never found Leia's Hoth outfit to be especially great either, I think it would still make for a much more visually interesting figure and display than her ANH outfit.

At least... assuming it's HT that makes it and not Sideshow. I'm seriously worried that Sideshow might decide "hey, we already did Hoth Han, Hoth Luke and Snowspeeder Luke, so let's make a Hoth Leia as well!"

I'm also worried Hoth Leia will be a Sideshow release if it ever gets made. It just makes too much sense given all the other Hoth releases (don't forget about the Tauntaun) for it to not be made by Sideshow. I can't see Leia being the one exception that gets made by HT (even though I really wish it would be).

The dress has length in that pic...am I seeing things?

Rorywan posted that fix a while back.

Rorywan said:
(A)Push the plastic belt up. As far as it will fit (near her bewbs) You reveal the waist seam of the dress underneath. Look closely and you will discover its actually elasticated. Pull the dress down, it will pull down quite a bit, the stretchy waist hem will fit further down the waist. Then pull the plastic belt back down to cover the seam again. Looks massively better IMO, it just hasn't been futzed properly in production.

(B) replace the waist grabber with a crotch grabber. Fits fine, looks better than the waist support.

Problem is, Leia still looks like she's wearing a stiff white sheet rather than a flowing dress. It's as though HT used the same material as the 12" Kenner and the Sideshow.

Stupid flash flooding may have delayed my figure... I will cry and curse this Texas weather.

Perhaps the flood will water treat the dress before hand

I wish something made be want to buy this.

a head, body and dress for $200?

No thanks jeff.

I'm getting it so I know the figure next to it is Han Solo.

I bought mine so Han could meet my SS BurgerKing Bespin Han and Leia could meet her SS counterpart, Lew.

It's a better final product than any 1/6 Han ever made. :dunno

The shelf of the collector waiting for the perfect figure:

Don't worry QGF. I think Han is awesome too. You're not the only philistine.

Back