1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God that sculpt is disappointing, it looks so blank and empty there. I am happy for those that enjoy him but damn i just keep thinking about canceling. I am not sure of what i will get in place of this though. :dunno

Seeing these shots of him is driving me nuts. At a glance I think he looks great, then once I stop to focus on a picture, greatness turns to disappointment. I like the figure, but at the same time I don't. Dammit Hot Toys! If this had the head sculpt and paint app from the proto, it would of raised this figure up many notches.

God that sculpt is disappointing, it looks so blank and empty there. I am happy for those that enjoy him but damn i just keep thinking about canceling. I am not sure of what i will get in place of this though. :dunno

I'd have to agree... it really took a few notches down from the proto. Very uninspired looking.

So people will be holding off on this in preference to a future release of Dutch 2.0..?

Tempted so badly by this. Commando is a film I played on repeat when I was young until I wore the tape out.
I'm tempted to maybe kitbash one. Found this headsculpt which is a Terminator/Commando hybrid
The HT HEad sculpt looks based off the movie poster which is airbrushed to within an inch of it's life.
f3f46be5903de1751e42bb2c3ea1303d.jpg
ecbc896b148ccfc0318618bc98472f18.jpg
3bc6103b52f21f0ffcc1d3b68e0d53a0.jpg
f15ee8a434420dda176a006d7480b1b3.jpg

Wow. I just came back to this thread after months of being away... I'm glad I cancelled my PO. This guy really does look disappointing. What happened? :confused:

Im tempted to get everything but the HS. I have Silent Surfer's painted Runningman HS, and I may plunk that one on this figure (roughly the same era of movie) and the DCHung SS/ hs combo looks closer to what I remember Arnie looking like during this period of time. HMMM...

Lookie lookie what arrived in the mail, time to refresh my memory! came with a cool bag too (useless but cool nonetheless)

20150724_150733_resized.jpg

4204508.jpg

After watching ClipperKing's review, I'm going to see what sort of discounts this figure will get during the holidays or later on. He mentioned the buttons and how those warnings about paint rub from the jacket pissed him off. Well it's disgusting to me. I had zero intention of displaying him without the jacket. I don't know why they wouldn't create the jacket with a lining or use better paint. $250+ is too much for all those potential problems in the future.

The problem with the vest is not paint rub, it's color leeching from the dye in the vest to the rubber of the body. I agree this is a major strike against this figure, but unfortunately, it is a reality with dark colors and some of the materials they are using. The Hulk had the same problem with the "underpants" that it came with, it just didn't come with a warning. And a lot of the other figures encounter this as well, it's just that we never remove their clothes, so it isn't evident.

Paint rub and the extra buttons are standard warnings on all figures these days. I'm actually glad they include the extra buttons now. Those things falling off and getting lost have been an issue with every figure I've ever gotten from any company ever since I started collecting almost 20 years ago.

its still bullshyt to have to worry about the vest and the body. Another reason why using rubber was not a good idea in this figures case, should have had a normal plastic body. IF that meant joints and seems than so be it. So yes i have decided not to get this figure not just for the body but also the bad job they did with the face.

Well jesus christ then this figure is just ****ed. I mean other than covering the body with something everytime u have the vest on your only other option is to get 2 of them. One for each posing option.

What I find strange is this figure has not been displayed at any event over the past year. It was shown at secret base and that was it. In other news, there are more Heads up for sale on ebay now, and while the paint application doesn't look as bad as first thought, something is certainly lacking.

It's really too bad how this one turned out. Too many issues down the line, rubber body, staining....? And the head sculpt is just not good. Also really dislike the camo paint on the nose. When they showed the prototype, I was curious how the sculpt would look without having he camo paint, now not so much. Also, that's a lot of iron men in the sideshow banner.

Back