1/6 Hot Toys - MMS275 -John Blake/ Jim Gordon with Bat-Signal Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - TDKR - Batman Spotlight w/ Robin and Gordon (Various Sets)

:lol :lol :lol

Alfred is and was the best Batman sidekick. He knows when to stay home and make the food and when to serve the drinks.

Can't wait to see this ship and someone swap JGL's head onto Burt Ward's body....as a sidekick to...the DX15 of course. It'll cover three generations of the dynamic duo in one shot.

Alfred is and was the best Batman sidekick. He knows when to stay home and make the food and when to serve the drinks.

I don't know if he's joking or not but I agree with him. Alfred is THE sidekick, he truly knows and understands Bruce more than any of his Robins or Batgirls or Nightwings or Gordons or Batwings or ....:impatient: I can't think of anymore Bat related sidekicks/wingman/partner.

I'm not a an avid reader of Batman comics either, but I still appreciate the mythos. I got no respect for people that are in the game purely for Nolan Bats and it's ilk, as if that's the only thing that has merit or should be taken seriously. Sadly, this mentality is looking more and more prominent each day.

Anyone that would rate Blake higher than THE Robin (Ward, the brillaint Batman: Animated Series interpretation of Robin, etc.) is no fan of Batman.

Too bad Hot Toys never made a GI JOE Marlon Wayans like they did for the Rock and Bruce Willis. Then we could have had a "what if" 90s Robin, or "the mechanic" whatever that would have been.

I think you may be assuming much if you think people view the Nolan Batman as the ideal version of the character.

I think he should be John Blake (could be John R. Blake). Calling this figure just Robin, is, well, not movie accurate.

is no fan of Batman.

I'm not a Batman 'fan.' I think for the most part that the character and mythos are totally ridiculous. But I like many Batman incarnations and can appreciate the character and stories in those instances. If it weren't for this particular incarnation however, the only Batman I would have in my entire toy collection would be a Mego 8" that I had as a kid. In that case I'd also have Robin, but only to satisfy a nostalgic pursuit. I just don't have any desire to own a figure of any other Batman at this time.

Last edited:

Well I didn't point any fingers here. Just speaking hypothetically.

You're good Kcreed, you can be on my cloud.

:yess::hi5: We're finally friends now.

I've got thousands of Batman comics, loved BTAS / TNBA , JL and most of the Timmverse, liked 3/4 of the Burton/Schumacher film series, loved the Nolan series, and really liked all of the Arkham games so far (including AO). I tend to appreciate Batman most when he's without a masked and costumed Robin hanging around though. As unbelievable as Batman already is as a character, it's always on another level of irresponsibility that he would put a kid/teenager at risk for his war. Robin is a little easier for me to accept when he's depicted as being older (Batman Forever / BTAS) or without a costume, as in TDKR.

I've got thousands of Batman comics, loved BTAS / TNBA , JL and most of the Timmverse, liked 3/4 of the Burton/Schumacher film series, loved the Nolan series, and really liked all of the Arkham games so far (including AO). I tend to appreciate Batman most when he's without a masked and costumed Robin hanging around though. As unbelievable as Batman already is as a character, it's always on another level of irresponsibility that he would put a kid/teenager at risk for his war. Robin is a little easier for me to accept when he's depicted as being older (Batman Forever / BTAS) or without a costume, as in TDKR.

Man, i never thought i would find somebody who feels the same way as i do regarding the Robin character. I've always thought that of all the mistakes Batman is capable of making, this is one he would never make. I get it's a comic book and all but still, it doesn't feel right with me. I get Superboy and Supergirl and all the other super powered youngsters but not Robin. I don't read comics much but i think Bruce has gone through like five Robins and lost two and DC writers keep having him take more kids as Robin.

Bruce has gone through like five Robins and lost two and DC writers keep having him take more kids as Robin.

Maybe Bruce is a Catholic priest in his spare time. Boom!

Maybe Bruce is a Catholic priest in his spare time. Boom!

He has been known to preside over a wedding or two.

batpriest.jpg

Can you believe that guy wore yellow-green (I don't think they're actually a color) sneakers to a wedding presided over by the Dark Knight? The fscking nerve of some people.

Can you believe that guy wore yellow-green (I don't think they're actually a color) sneakers to a wedding presided over by the Dark Knight? The fscking nerve of some people.

Sneakers? I'm surprised the bride went along with the whole thing in the first place.

Just the first of many irreconcilable differences in the impending divorce proceedings.

Sneakers? I'm surprised the bride went along with the whole thing in the first place.

Just the first of many irreconcilable differences in the impending divorce proceedings.

Na, I can see enough of her in that photo to know she's a total freak. Do you have any pictures of later in the evening? Perhaps something from a private iCloud backup?

Na, I can see enough of her in that photo to know she's a total freak. Do you have any pictures of later in the evening? Perhaps something from a private iCloud backup?

Nope. But I wouldn't be surprised if she dresses up like Batman and he dresses up like Catwoman.

Damn, I was gonna skip on this set. But the Armory is so good, I think this will be too. The Robin sculpt looks pretty good and if it's like the Armory the Gordon sculpt could well be sharper and better detailed also.

This was posted on Plastic Enemies a couple days ago, with some speculating that Gordon and Robin are coming. Hmmm....

tdkrbattle.jpg

Damn just about to pay off the armory. Hot Toys has to keep the customers paying. :lol

Back