1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it yesterday and I love it! I've lined up all my fetts for comparison
db2cd7853ff7230c0e05636341f8c8f2.jpg
f2aeebc8ff8a1d2e75f79af4bd9a2e9e.jpg
bb71e8c1a777fc2c07200e148b8a31c1.jpg
178f6be480721daa5535eeca562b6e31.jpg
39ed496813471eca8946963c4162e40d.jpg

The only one that isn't stock out of the box is the RAH ESB, which i modded with a new body and some sideshow parts.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nice! Man, I would like to see someone put that HT armor on the RAH ESB version to see what it looks like. They always seem to underscale the helmet and select pieces of armor.

be260dcfbeb54c5bcf67ef40e7987677.jpg
451febc60a13c3f910c4085032aa171b.jpg
44c10b12bee2dbd9bc09dd437b53a4b3.jpg
af1d239e122125607b34e0368f6fefc3.jpg

I also really like the SS Boba Fett. I understand that it isn't perfect, but I didn't see the point of getting the HT. Mind you I did get the 1/4 scale and that stands for my Grail Fett figure as well as my ROTJ version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many pages back I decided to trade my SS for HT. I took my SS inside compared it to the HT on display and to be honest I liked the contrasts of the SS better. HT was just too dark for me and maybe because i already owned a 1/6 Fett but I got no "WOW" factor from the HT. In the end I told the store that I would keep my SS (and the extra $200 I would have to pay). Very happy with my decision. I did however order the HT jetpack from ebay. That I wanted. Will it fit my SS....dont know and it doesn't matter!!

Of the five, nice, but I don't actually know which is which...

Of the five, nice, but I don't actually know which is which...
From left to right it's: Marmit, modified Medicom ESB, sideshow ESB, hot toys and Medicom ROTJ. There's not too great a difference between the RAH and the hot toys until you get up close, considering the age Medicom did a fantastic job with the ROTJ Fett.

Got an email from my local shop today, I thought it was to tell me they had gotten this in stock. But I was fooled agian, it was only the return label for the SS Boba they sent me by mistake. :horror

I found him. He's still pretty cool. I just couldn't do SS Jango at the price. I was further put off when the sculpt was the exclusive. That should be a part of all sets (maybe the reissue will have a different sculpt). Let's see if Hot Toys makes one anyway.

(Now though, seeing what I spend, the SS Jango looks reasonable...)
I need to take another look at that Jango.

I got it yesterday and I love it! I've lined up all my fetts for comparison
db2cd7853ff7230c0e05636341f8c8f2.jpg
39ed496813471eca8946963c4162e40d.jpg

The only one that isn't stock out of the box is the RAH ESB, which i modded with a new body and some sideshow parts.

Man, the Marmit still holds up. My Marmit is stock too though I've thought about replacing the body and vest. Unfortunately the paint would have to be totally redone so everything matches if I did. I think I'll just have to leave him almost stock, that body really needs to be replaced.

Sideshow's ESB Fett still looks pretty damn good especially the new release. If HT's Fett is a 10 I'd say the new SSC Fett is a 9, it's a nice figure to have especially if you can get it at a discount.

Man, the Marmit still holds up. My Marmit is stock too though I've thought about replacing the body and vest. Unfortunately the paint would have to be totally redone so everything matches if I did. I think I'll just have to leave him almost stock, that body really needs to be replaced.

Sideshow's ESB Fett still looks pretty damn good especially the new release. If HT's Fett is a 10 I'd say the new SSC Fett is a 9, it's a nice figure to have especially if you can get it at a discount.

Yeah, I just couldn't ditch my Marmit (which I had scavenged for a few parts) so I bought a HT helmet and turned the Marmit figure into a ROTJ fett. It really is a pretty great basis for a build-a-Fett.

These last couple of pages of pics have been awesome, people - keep 'em coming!:clap

Like my Hot Toys Fett. I dunno, but the ROTJ costume is not my fav:

fetts.JPG

There is something about SS Fett that I really like that is absent from HT. One of the reasons I past on HT.

I kinda felt the same way, initally, but is it possible that like myself, you just really prefer the ESB Fett armor/look more?

Sideshow is still using the poor base body, with the armor fitting 'ok' but they do nice guns/weapons

Last edited:
Like my Hot Toys Fett. I dunno, but the ROTJ costume is not my fav:

View attachment 270064

I kinda felt the same way, initally, but is it possible that like myself, you just really prefer the ESB Fett armor/look more?

Sideshow is still using the poor base body, with the armor fitting 'ok' but they do nice guns/weapons
I'm thinking of doing a body swap with the SS Fett on to a HT body and see how they look side by side then. I much prefer the ESB look over ROTJ any day.

I think it's just that Boba Fett should be very thin, and the helmet should be on a longer neck. That drastically improves his look, as rubio showed.

Back