1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Finally grew a pair and tried the mod. Was easy enough ! Here's before IMG_1049.JPGIMG_1054.jpg and after IMG_1053.JPGIMG_1056.JPGIMG_1057.JPGIMG_1058.JPG

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

IMG_0213.jpgIMG_0216.jpgIMG_0234.jpgIMG_0232.jpgIMG_0228.jpg

If there's one figure that doesn't need a mod it's this Han. But I was able to get a hold of another head so I figured WTH. Not to take away from the sculpted hair in any way. The sculpted and real hair both look really good on that amazing sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0245.jpgIMG_0240.jpgIMG_0241.jpg

A few more. I think this angle really shows the artistry of this sculpt.

One small nitpick: the blaster doesn’t go into the holster down enough to get the strap to catch. There is no way the blaster is going in any further than it is, and the strap is about a quarter inch too short. Not the worst thing in the world, but they could have made that strap a little bit longer.

Same problem here. I ordered from SS so I'm going to ask if they'll send a replacement.

20170513_165911.jpg

Have you tried pushing the bottom of the blaster into the holster? It's hanging outside of it.

Same problem here. I ordered from SS so I'm going to ask if they'll send a replacement.

View attachment 341611

You know, I had just let this go, but you've inspired me to reach out to Sideshow. I figure, why not? It's worth a shot, right?

Here's how mine sits:

nEQrIfx0SeSRHIpuhkxybGA_mBBso2mK2Fq9uKNoGP90l_gWXjS-LTZTR5RzjKjutEODZofs8r3i4ecRF6fbbxf4S-U4kPv1Sm_UO8e-C6iIW_PnMvRp9IpCPux1DQ2nhf1vKw=w488-h650-no

Last edited:

View attachment 341590View attachment 341591View attachment 341592

A few more. I think this angle really shows the artistry of this sculpt.

Super valiant attempt! I much prefer real hair over a lump of plastic. I know short hair is a challenge. My only suggestion would be to "fluff" it a bit. Its a bit clumpy in the photos with some really sharp cuts and angles giving it a Japanese anime look. To add even some more realism, try airbrushing (or perhaps pastels) some darker tones underneath and lighter highlights on top.

You know, I had just let this go, but you've inspired me to reach out to Sideshow. I figure, why not? It's worth a shot, right?

Here's how mine sits:

nEQrIfx0SeSRHIpuhkxybGA_mBBso2mK2Fq9uKNoGP90l_gWXjS-LTZTR5RzjKjutEODZofs8r3i4ecRF6fbbxf4S-U4kPv1Sm_UO8e-C6iIW_PnMvRp9IpCPux1DQ2nhf1vKw=w488-h650-no

It might need a tiny extra push. If I don't get it where the barrel pokes out at the bottom the strap doesn't hit the magnet.

Of all the photos from the bloggers on HT Facebook app age there is only one with the blaster holstered, and the strap is loose there too.

b265cc0371d478e6269048bca1627606.jpg

I can't get the blaster down any further. The front "grill" on the bottom by the trigger is as far down as it will go. I'm not sure where the barrel sits in mine, but I'm pretty sure it's close to the opening. The magnet on the holster part is way down towards the bottom by the stitching, so it's not even close for me. That shot you found on facebook makes it seem like on theirs, the magnet is close to the outer edge and is actually catching.

So most of you guys out there can get the blaster all the way in and have the strap catch the magnet?

It shouldn't be that hard to just remove the magnet inside the holster and reglue it a bit higher. Not sure what the big deal is here. :dunno

It shouldn't be that hard to just remove the magnet inside the holster and reglue it a bit higher. Not sure what the big deal is here. :dunno

My strap doesn't even reach the holster when the gun is in.

SS replied and says they're all like that and they won't do a replacement. It was worth a try.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update. Oh well, I guess I won't be contacting them after all.

Back