1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Nice mod. Maybe will try that on my now inevitable chewie purchase with two pack.

Mouth looks great. I'd love to add that squint to his eyes too. HT version looks like the eye holes in the fur are too round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

The mouth is a separate piece from the head. Basically where the upper lip meets the fur under the nose. When you heat it up enough it should become pliable enough to basically peel the upper lip downward so you can work on the hair.

There are other methods for some of the great mods on here that did it differently.

You did amazing work, personally I think you have the best mod. You mentioned using a knife to peel the lip area in your other post. Do you need to use the knife to remove the upper lip, or is that just for cutting the hair. Also did you have to do anything important with the bottom lip

Status for my Han on SSC reads "Shipped". :yess:

Can't wait to unbox him tomorrow evening and add him to my Kylo, Rey and Finn shelf.

My Han/Chewie set is now marked as paid, but no shipping notice yet.

You did amazing work, personally I think you have the best mod. You mentioned using a knife to peel the lip area in your other post. Do you need to use the knife to remove the upper lip, or is that just for cutting the hair. Also did you have to do anything important with the bottom lip

Thanks. I just used the knife to cut/ flatten out the hair. With the bottom lip I had to reheat it with the blow dryer to realign it in place.

2e06e4cea0b83f25352b119d59dc21e2.jpg

Still working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aw yeah my Han shipped from SS as well. Absolutely yes.

Just got my tracking email from SS here at midnight. That grumpy old fart will be here by Friday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've not had anything from SS. Damnit!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is what my order says. 'Order placed'

Can I expect him to ship?
ef077f561819c987da04d4969880b6ea.jpg

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

That's a bummer, hopefully you get your shipping notice tomorrow or sometime soon. I had checked my account earlier in the day before it shipped and mine said "order processing". Did you get a charging or shipping soon email last week?

I got an email to say that he would ship soon. I've sent an email to SS. I will just have to wait and see. I've been fully charged also.

Nice to see this due October figure finally shipping in April. I have to wait for BBTS.

Mine shipped out yesterday. Should be here next Monday.

Here are a few shots I took of my Han and Chewbacca. After misting Chewbacca's hair down...especially the face...I was able to get a desired look that will work well for my display...even gave it a small spritz of hair spray so it'll hold LOL! I haven't quite got Han posed the way I want him, but it will get there. Hot Toys did a remarkable job on that one.

DSC03356_zpswrzp2pki.jpg

DSC03359_zpsnqvoa857.jpg

DSC03360_zpsvx561yvf.jpg

DSC03351_zpsiezorrih.jpg

DSC03353_zps9wcewtf4.jpg

So what's the verdict on cutting the thread holding the shirt neck so close together. Easy? Worth messing with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here are a few shots I took of my Han and Chewbacca. After misting Chewbacca's hair down...especially the face...I was able to get a desired look that will work well for my display...even gave it a small spritz of hair spray so it'll hold LOL! I haven't quite got Han posed the way I want him, but it will get there. Hot Toys did a remarkable job on that one.

DSC03356_zpswrzp2pki.jpg

DSC03359_zpsnqvoa857.jpg

DSC03360_zpsvx561yvf.jpg

DSC03351_zpsiezorrih.jpg

DSC03353_zps9wcewtf4.jpg

The upper lip gap doesn't look as bad on yours. Congratulations!!!

Does this mean he'll ship soon?? 😁
e7ee321e0f3eab7d6905d397a4705260.jpg

Looks like yours might ship out today! That's what it usually says on the day they ship.

Anyone else's Han have weathering on the left boot near the toe? Like a round spot? Just making sure.

Back