1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Didn't Bill Murray fight this thing in CaddyShack??

d5d5f471e3dd0e2dad67f2fcc61c22a1.jpg

"I'm alllllright.......nobody worry 'bout me....."

109552-Caddyshack-gopher-dancing-gif-PH4k.gif
God that look bad..is that yours Craig? Just out of interest...is anyone going to return their item if its got the muzzle mouth??

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

It may be buried in the packaging - I had no idea the ANH one came with the comb thing until someone pointed it out and I found it.

Ah! Okay, I'll take another look in the box.

God that look bad..is that yours Craig? Just out of interest...is anyone going to return their item if its got the muzzle mouth??

I will. Without a moments pause. These things are 300$ ffs. If it's a matter of futzing I'll keep it, but the huge muzzles some have are unacceptable.

OK so just arrived. This pic is straight from the box. I have not done anything to him yet. It does not look as bad as some but not great.
IMG_0028.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 208

Rotated to see better. Not too bad. I'll try to see one of these in person as they seem pretty all over the place. The light fur still looks a little orangey for my taste.
chewie-vertical.jpg

Cheers for the rotation! A group shot.
IMG_0029.jpg

Yeah seems a tad light indeed. God it looks nothing like the proto though.

I wonder if they're packing the truly awful Chewies in the 2-pack hoping the awesomeness of Han will distract from Chewie....

And on that score, what are us 2-pack buyers supposed to do here? Do we have to return the SOLD OUT two pack to get rid of Chewie and HOPE we can pick up Han elsewhere? No way any distributor/dealer is going to accept a return of half the 2-pack. Sigh.

I'm still hopeful that there are enough descent ones out there that many of us will ok with Chewie.

Cheers for the rotation! A group shot.

Looks pretty good there. I feel like I only have one store I can check this figure out at unfortunately, and it's not 100% sure they'll even have him.

I wonder if they're packing the truly awful Chewies in the 2-pack hoping the awesomeness of Han will distract from Chewie....

And on that score, what are us 2-pack buyers supposed to do here? Do we have to return the SOLD OUT two pack to get rid of Chewie and HOPE we can pick up Han elsewhere? No way any distributor/dealer is going to accept a return of half the 2-pack. Sigh.

I'm still hopeful that there are enough descent ones out there that many of us will ok with Chewie.

Very good point about possibly having to return the 2-packs. I can't imagine they'll be able to do anything in that situation. They'll just say, "sorry"!

Looks pretty good there. I feel like I only have one store I can check this figure out at unfortunately, and it's not 100% sure they'll even have him.

I think he looks a bit better there too. I still think there's a chance some expert futzing will help. Might need a little paint too to help define the shape of the face better, but so did the ANH one.

Just like with ANH Chewies, people think the sky is falling. But once more people start getting it in hand who know how to futz and photo, it will be fine.

It may be buried in the packaging - I had no idea the ANH one came with the comb thing until someone pointed it out and I found it.

Turns out you were correct, TaliBane! The brush was hidden behind the instruction manual, which I hadn't bothered to open. Yay! My Chewie looks even better now!

Just like with ANH Chewies, people think the sky is falling. But once more people start getting it in hand who know how to futz and photo, it will be fine.

Eh, that was straight out of the box. It seems the muzzle/upper lip size is really hit or miss and has little to nothing to do with user error or futzing ability.

Agreed. I was lucky with my Chewie...he still needs a bit of work around lad the eyes but he is a lot better than some of the Chewie I have seen. I need to study Matrix's Chewie and copy his.
For the guys that bought the 2 pack....you may be able to exchange the Chewie only and keep Han.

OK so just arrived. This pic is straight from the box. I have not done anything to him yet. It does not look as bad as some but not great.
View attachment 327973

Yeah I think that one I could actually live with. And doesn't look like it would take that much more futzing to make look even better.

Back