1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Chewie's not looking like much of an improvement over the original.

Maybe they should try doing a sculpted Chewie, and see how that turns out.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Han at STGCC.

29659222935_ca565a6c05_b.jpg

29368325360_1d5961c089_b.jpg

29548002942_acc90ec59a_b.jpg

29368328640_b20071a070_b.jpg

Han looks incredible. Chewie almost looks like a production piece.

Again with the blue parka. Looks great but I want to see his smuggler duds.

Chewie just does not look like a V2 of a figure should look. Adding a hinge to the jaw isn't exactly the feature upgrade I'm looking for. You'd think after being the first and only company to attempt and succeed at producing a sixth scale furred Chewbacca, they'd see where they came up short on the first one and just knock it out of the park on the next. I mean from the neck down its perfect.

Han looks great. He’ll be my next and only purchase for a while.

Chewie I think can look really good with some futzing. I think it’s the same problem that the first Chewie had where he looked terrible in all the cons because he wasn’t being futzed properly but looked great once people got a chance to fix him. With this one at least you don’t have to color the hair—just comb him to a point where the fur “sculpts” his face properly, and the colored hair strands can create an accurate pattern that mimics his look in the movie.

Edit: BTW, thanks for posting all those pictures, Reuters!

Last edited:

So glad I ordered Han and only Han.
I am more than happy with my OT Chewbacca and do not require another. Han looks magnificent.

I think I'm just gonna get Han and wait for Epi.8 if I want Chewie.

Yeah Han does look really good in those pics. Although I agree, I'm getting tired of them displaying him in the parka. It just doesn't look nearly as cool on him as the ESB parka did, or as cool as his regular TFA outfit.

Thanks for those pictures reuters. I wasn't going to get either but Han looks so good that I'm reconsidering. I would like to see him with the head up.

I recently ordered Han, but Chewie looks awful. It's like they rushed him. Not a lot of thought has went into him. If we are paying £200+ for a figure at least get it right!

Still glad I got Han on PO! Lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I want to get Han, but Chewie is a pass.

I ordered the Chewbacca...I'm pretty pumped about him. I like the colour contrasts and I think with some combing I'll get a nice wind blown look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really don't do a good job of showcasing there chewy figures do they! You would think that they would have an expert "futzer" for these displays. I mean if I was contemplating buying this figure, these pictures would put me right off :dunno

image.jpg

Reminds me a bit of this horrible thing!

image.jpg

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Some of these shots look like they were taken with a flash. I don't think I've seen many good flash shots of the OT Chewie either so I'm not gonna judge this one quite yet. I assume it'll look about the same as the OT with the lighter fur we are seeing. The eyes do look a little less goofy in that shot though.

Okay so anyone who has actually seen these in the flesh at a show or something. Does chewie look that bad in the flesh? Really want to pull the trigger on this but think he looks terrible in pics. I thought anh chewie looked bad in pics too but amazing in hand.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back