1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Based on the pics above, the "moustache" part needs to be patted down or thinned out as much as possible. I think that is what's emphasizing that "muzzle" look. (aside from the long space between upper lip and nose. Just too much hair there, emphasizing the overly large spacing.

JamesTheCat's Chewie looks like most of the ANH Chewies. But the previous pics are :slap

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Based on the pics above, the "moustache" part needs to be patted down or thinned out as much as possible. I think that is what's emphasizing that "muzzle" look. (aside from the long space between upper lip and nose. Just too much hair there, emphasizing the overly large spacing.

I agree that will help tremendously. I hope someone will try this and post pics!

Han is looking great! Can't wait to get him!

So the nose is plugged in?

Yea looking at James' chewie I'd say the likeness is very good, making me hopeful. Maybe post a picture with the mouth more open to see how that looks since yours has a good muzzle?

Yea looking at James' chewie I'd say the likeness is very good, making me hopeful. Maybe post a picture with the mouth more open to see how that looks since yours has a good muzzle?

...and so now here I sit, a man nearing 50 years of age, crossing fingers that his toy comes with a "good muzzle". :slap

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Someone has to say it out respectfully and clearly, hope that someone finds a way to get this to Howard Chan at Hot Toys:

Howard,

We all respect you. You have grown an incredible company out of basically nothing. In my opinion, you define the modern day entrepreneur. I have met you several times in person and you are both a cool guy, as well as extremely professional. With THE PUNISHER, as with pretty much everything that you and your creative team does, it just keeps getting better and better, these have reached the level of a new art form. The Force Awakens Chewbacca pretty much nails everything perfectly, except for a flaw on the head. Would you please consider doing a revised head with the gap between the nose and the upper lip being reduced by at least half of its current size. Please consider some type of situation where the collectors agree to pay for the EMS shipping costs, and in return for the old head, we get a replacement head. Regarding your recent post, we all support you and we all are rejecting bootlegs on the market, we love, yes love, our Hot Toys collectibles, and we all understand that things can happen at the factory level that are beyond your control, however, this correction is within your control and we respectfully ask that you will please consider it. Thank you again for bring joy to film fans / collectors everywhere.

6ef1ebe769be544fa0a996adfbad4259.jpg
905e09a6d27813084203a96c8453fdde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that if Howard could see the above, he would consider it ...

He is probably busy being fanned by scantily clad models in his private island right now. :)

If he comes like that I'm gonna return it- no way I pay 300 for a Yogi Bear :-(

I thought it over, only an idiot would attempt a surgery on this Chewie to reduce the gap between the nose and the upper lip, I mean you would have to be very stupid to even consider to attempt it:

f60aa5f8a99070ad8f502803a82c8be8.jpg

Nah, I cut my sh$t up all the time... Never let the plastic push you around!!

I thought we were sending Howie a letter?!?

If he comes like that I'm gonna return it- no way I pay 300 for a Yogi Bear :-(

Same here. I treat this figure the same as I would treat any other. If any other figure has a mal formed nose for whatever reason you'd send it back. Especially considering its their second attempt.

I thought it over, only an idiot would attempt a surgery on this Chewie to reduce the gap between the nose and the upper lip, I mean you would have to be very stupid to even consider to attempt it:

Why did you do this to the figure any way? Lol.

I did this to any Indiana Jones PF before:

9fce7275a86bdf89938da66bb86239f2.jpg

Yikes...no offense to you but what a waste of money...if a $300 figure needs to be completely skinned and taken apart in order to have a hope of enjoying it...a refund is in order...shame on Hot Toys!

That will teach darth vader-chewie!

Not the best picture in the world, but this is my Chewy straight out of the box, with zero futzing. I have to say, fat upper lip aside, I absolutely love him. Can't wait to spend some time brushing his fur into shape!

IUPX6EM.jpg

Seems like chewy may be a quality control issue. Han looks great! Bring him on:)

Back