1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Why is Han's hair blonde??? First pic of it where it's been that color.

I suspect its the lighting. That, or he is supporting Chewie with his new 'blondes have more fun in Ep VII' look

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Yeah I can't tell anymore what this head is supposed to look like. Some shots make it look really wide and flattened out, and others like the one above make it look absolutely perfect.

I guess I'm just gonna have to wait for the in hand pics and video reviews to know for sure.

The more zoomed in the lens is, the truer it looks to in-hand. That last pic is really blurry in the background, so it's very zoomed in and likely truer to the head's in-hand look.

The more zoomed in the lens is, the truer it looks to in-hand. That last pic is really blurry in the background, so it's very zoomed in and likely truer to the head's in-hand look.

That's not necessarily true. Looks just like a large aperture. It's not like they cleared a path for rebelscum to take that photo from 15 feet away. Notice that Han's hand is out of focus too.

looks like a yellow filter, very washed out

I don't know what is going on with that pic. The color in my pic is true to the figure--he doesn't have that yellow tint in person.

That's not necessarily true. Looks just like a large aperture. It's not like they cleared a path for rebelscum to take that photo from 15 feet away. Notice that Han's hand is out of focus too.

It's actually a complex thing. Distortion is technically about distance between lens and subject (closer you are, the more distorted the features, to a large degree regardless of prime lens length,) but the best way to get greater distance is obviously to move back and zoom in or use longer lens, especially because fig heads are so tiny.

Focus is trickier though because macro focus doesn't really work unless it's wide angle.

When I take pics of figs, I'm no more than 6' away, but zoomed in I always find it really helps to give a truer match to the in-hand head/figure. But yeah, shallow depth of field - the reason Han's face is sharp while a hand only a little closer to camera is so fuzzy - I guess is your consequence of both lens length and aperture.

Top5 Hot Toys head sculpts.

Oh man..good stuff! Yeah, Chewie looks like he's going through a mid-life crisis; with the dye job and the face lift/botox.
I suspect its the lighting. That, or he is supporting Chewie with his new 'blondes have more fun in Ep VII' look

Does anyone know the best place to order this set in the UK?
Everywhere I am looking is like £500, it's like come on guys, it's only 400 something dollars!

Can someone explain why Han has this bizarre tan hair?

Hasbro is reissuing their Black Series Han with grey hair this year because they didn't have reference photos before the movie and got it wrong on the toy, but Hot Toys has had over half a year since the movie and NOBODY at Hot Toys can remember Han has grey hair now...? WTF.

I don't understand why everyone is so accepting of this and not making a big deal. The tan hair looks inaccurate and awful.

Hasbro is reissuing their Black Series Han with grey hair this year because they didn't have reference photos before the movie and got it wrong on the toy, but Hot Toys has had over half a year since the movie and NOBODY at Hot Toys can remember Han has grey hair now...? WTF.

I don't understand why everyone is so accepting of this and not making a big deal. The tan hair looks inaccurate and awful.

I think the quality of the facial sculpt is buying a lot of goodwill. I also think the hair isn't clearly tan, it definitely has a grey feel to it. The parka on the other hand is clearly brown... :wink1:

Damn I wish they would display Han without the snow coat and gloves, I want to see the details on that jacket

It's the lighting. The hair looked grey at SDCC

Great! Just asked about him on another thread, thanks for the info!

So he's pretty legit? I've never ordered anything like this off of eBay before :/

Damn, that Han Solo is pretty spot on for me. I might have to pick him up down the road.

So has anyone heard an updated release date for this. Is it coming in September?

Budget stark posted this earlier today. Looks like Q3 with the possibility of Q4 now.
14115055_1618284585136286_8205089719578037630_o.jpg

Back