1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isnt sould out yet wich surprises me. Anyone have any idea how big hot toy's production runs are?

This isnt sould out yet wich surprises me. Anyone have any idea how big hot toy's production runs are?

I think it depends on the character. Normally they will only produce to the pre-ordered quantity. Individual stores may order more based on their experience on how many more they could sell outside of pre-order.

However for eternal sellers like Yoda, they probably do a larger run. However Sideshow is still probably taking the risk on how many they are prepared to pre-order and have in stock.

Thought I might add some accessories to yoda
de33b648235013bcb6f41b8fd0c15969.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I almost pulled the trigger on this lil dude last night. I want a Yoda. I compared numerous screen shots from ESB the the pics on SSC. After that I couldn't bring myself to buy him. Anyone care to weigh-in? Is Yoda better in hand?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I almost pulled the trigger on this lil dude last night. I want a Yoda. I compared numerous screen shots from ESB the the pics on SSC. After that I couldn't bring myself to buy him. Anyone care to weigh-in? Is Yoda better in hand?

I love the HT Yoda, especially the closed eye sculpt. If you go to pet smart they have aquarium roots that look like dagobah. Really sets the figure off if you are into diorama type stuff. Also it's the best Yoda figure we are likely to see for maybe 10+ years.

He's a great figure and a must have for any SW collection I think. He has his shortcomings, but he's the best 1/6 Yoda available and probably will be for some time. He's a nice piece in my modest ESB collection.

I don't think he is much better in hand. The opened eye sculpt just doesn't look like Yoda to me. The hair is poorly done, looks like an amateur custom job. Looks like someone took a cotton ball and glued it onto his head. The body is super cheap feeling. It is loose and feels like it is super easy to snap. Ankle peg was broken on mine right out of the package. The base isn't painted very well and looks like it is from a Macfarlane figure. Just looks cheap. The accessories are underscaled too.

Anyways I could go on and on. I think it sucks, not worth $200 or the $180 you could probably get it for from Sideshow. I sent mine back because it was defective. Was considering an exchange but because the process took awhile I just opted for a refund.

Basically, it is the best 1/6 Yoda but it is still a turd IMO. Likely will not be another one again for years if ever.

I couldn't imagine not having this in my collection. The only issue I had with mine was the hair. I bought a first run from eBay and the hair was poorly done and was falling off but there's sculpted and painted hair underneath do no biggie to me. I've seen pics of the second run hair and it's much better.

Other than that it's a great representation of Yoda. Not perfect but definitely not a figure to pass on if you're collecting 1/6 SW.

IMG_1484.jpg

I couldn't imagine not having this in my collection. The only issue I had with mine was the hair. I bought a first run from eBay and the hair was poorly done and was falling off but there's sculpted and painted hair underneath do no biggie to me. I've seen pics of the second run hair and it's much better.

Other than that it's a great representation of Yoda. Not perfect but definitely not a figure to pass on if you're collecting 1/6 SW.

View attachment 383603

I agree. If you collect original trilogy figures this is a must have.

My Dagobah Diorama in progress. Still need an R2 for this scene and to get vines/trees in here.IMG_0172-1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0172-1.jpg
    IMG_0172-1.jpg
    463.9 KB · Views: 269
I'm really hoping HT do another ESB training Luke next year. I got into this hobby post the DX version, so a Luke to go with Yoda would be nice.

I'm sure that is HT's plan in releasing Yoda :)

Got a Yoda as a christmas gift from my GF (she knows that I'm too bothered with the price tag for a small figure hence she just bought it so I could stop whining about it lol). Luckily she picked a V3 version and I agree, this figure is more awesome on-hand. I got a few nits though -- the belt pouch adhered on the plastic tray and the right foot peg is so close to snapping (question though, is it the same pegs as the hands?) but other than that, this is a stellar release.

BFS4FUx.jpg

Back