1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that close eyes sculpt looks good. Very expressive and emotive. The essence of the entire ESB film in my opinion is almost summed up in that sculpt.

By the way, for those who already have this in hand, how well does he stand on his own with no base? I plan on just standing him without the base.

I haven't thought about tattering up the robe any. Looks to need more ragged bottom edge now that you mention it.

He stands fine on his own. Better than on the base which has a very uneven surface.

There's some nice weathering on the robe. I was happy to see that. Paint apps on both heads is some of HT's best work. Really makes me hope to see more non-human figures from them.

Everything is nice and tight on it. Sculpt detailing is exceptional. If they had flattened the ears a bit like they looked on screen during the x-wing scene and allowed the head to tilt back more it would have greatly improved it but I'm still really digging the Force concentration sculpt.

The environment base is great. I've removed the tree for now since it really isn't accurate but I think it looks nice regardless. The floating rocks aren't my favorite thing but I can how see some would like them.

Thanks for posting the pics! Looks like another winner from HT!

Im extremely selective on my 1/6 figures nowadays, only getting a few a year at most. Yoda definitely makes the cut, and is needed for any Star Wars display imo. Very excited to get him!

Each time I see this figure posed with the closed eyes sculpt, this score plays in my head:

Which is the very reason I'll be using the closed eyes sculpt as well because that score to me captures the heart of ESB and the magic of SW in general.

He stands fine on his own. Better than on the base which has a very uneven surface.

That's what I suspected due to the uneven surface of the base, as you mentioned. Thanks for the confirmation. :duff

There's some nice weathering on the robe. I was happy to see that. Paint apps on both heads is some of HT's best work. Really makes me hope to see more non-human figures from them.

Everything is nice and tight on it. Sculpt detailing is exceptional. If they had flattened the ears a bit like they looked on screen during the x-wing scene and allowed the head to tilt back more it would have greatly improved it but I'm still really digging the Force concentration sculpt.

The environment base is great. I've removed the tree for now since it really isn't accurate but I think it looks nice regardless. The floating rocks aren't my favorite thing but I can how see some would like them.

The robe looks great, especially that ragged sleeve, love that.

Just some work on the bottom is needed, sandpaper like turdferguson said.

Hope the prices drop on ebay. Would like to own this figure.

You don't have the little green dude on PO? I was under the impression you did, or at least were in on acquiring this figure.

Hrm. Still on the fence on this figure. The pictures look great, and I don't see any down side to this (aside from the price). I'll keep my order for now.

Bottom does look too flawless. I'm thinking sandpaper will do the trick.

Yeah, never really noticed just how neat that HT robe really is. Looks like a brand new XS bathrobe but with a sleeve that got caught on a wire fence and ruined the whole thing.:lol

In the movie it somehow seemed like it was almost like rags sewn together. Hope someone goes to town on the HT one and really weathers it majorly.

Each time I see this figure posed with the closed eyes sculpt, this score plays in my head:

Which is the very reason I'll be using the closed eyes sculpt as well because that score to me captures the heart of ESB and the magic of SW in general.

That's what I suspected due to the uneven surface of the base, as you mentioned. Thanks for the confirmation. :duff

Oh, great - you got that theme stuck in my head again. just got rid of it yesterday. Too many HT Yoda pics.:lol

You don't have the little green dude on PO? I was under the impression you did, or at least were in on acquiring this figure.

No preorder. Sideshow NRD, shipping price, lack of codes and CA tax killed that for me other than the most coveted exclusives. So I tend not to preorder anywhere but have had great luck on ebay for the last few years getting what I need.

Yes, I always intended on getting the HT Yoda once it arrived. And I certainly hope I can. Does appear that HT may have cut back on its edition sizes from TFA and this may be the first figure to have the new lower amounts available... only time will tell.

I got this $25 code from sideshow it expires on the 30th if anyone wants it.

CONTEST-2348-9DCFWPAP

Man, I was ready to get this but when I saw the darker green nose in the early in hand shots, giving him that "puppy" look, it is making me pause. I know it's a little thing but I want to LOVE it for the money it costs.
Yeah, I've been noticing that same thing too with all the video reviews. It is a bit odd for sure. But at least an easy fix with some acrylic paint.

If anyone wants a more ragged edge look to their Yoda robe (but doesn't want to temp fate)....get your hands on the 1/6 Hasbro one. They're not expensive at all. Over all, that really old figure has a better sculpt and more accurate paint than Sideshow's version.

Thanks for the comments, guys! Here's one under some better lighting to show the nice details in the sculpt.

IMG_0496.JPG

Back