1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see what you mean, but all in all I think its a great representation of the character...

May have to add some custom fine hair at some point.

I see what you mean, but all in all I think its a great representation of the character...

May have to add some custom fine hair at some point.

I completely agree, and I'm not usually one to pick out sculpt flaws. It's just that when 900 years you wait, a perfect Yoda you will want.

I thought for sure that Hot Toys would have added rooted hair, and maybe they actually did present a rooted version for approval. Could be that it just didn't work or LF/Disney didn't like it.

View attachment 286248View attachment 286246View attachment 286247I can't figure out what is "off" about the open-eyed head sculpt. After comparing it to a bunch of stills, I think it comes down to the shape of the head. The Hot Toys sculpt is too round, almost human-like with big ears. I think it should be more squat and a little wider.

I thought it was the eyes at first so I took a stab at a quick photoshop render. I do think his eyes should be bigger but not quite to the degree that I made them. I'll see if I can squish his face and see if that helps.

I agree you with 100%. Hope they can't tweak it before it goes into production.

Unfortunately it's a bit like both the Medi and SSC Yodas - quite nice in several ways, but off in others.

I was hoping for a "bullseye", but it's yet another ultra-detailed/realistic HT sculpt - that falls short on likeness.

Here's what i noticed: ears need to be lowered slightly, more on the left than the right. Eyebrows are too large.Nose needs to be a little flatter.

I think FullMetalHippie is spot on with what he says about the head shape. They've made it too round and made the creases too pronounced, they're shallower in the original puppet. That is just the Hot Toys house style - to idealise everything, leaving it pretty good but 10% off.

For everyone who doesn't think this figure looks good, all Yoda has to say about that is...

Yoda-quote.jpg

I was just pointing out the differences between the figure and the puppet. I still like it and have it ordered. :)

It's just a bit of a wasted opportunity is all. Yeah, it looks nice overall, but I was really hoping for the definitive 1/6 Yoda - something clearly superior to the SSC and Medi efforts - and this isn't it.

And no, it's not a case of "nothing is perfect" - after the middling HT effort on Han there was lots of talk that HF had a likeness that couldn't quite be captured - and then Jnix went ahead and did it.

No worries, I wasn't attacking anyone, I was only jesting. He'd (Yoda) be talking to me also because I'm in that group that isn't too crazy about this figure. :lol

It looks good overall, but I don't think it stands out enough to warrant a $200 purchase for such a small figure.

I preordered this over TFA Han the other day thinking it would release much later. Hopefully it takes Sideshow forever to get this once it's out in HK for my sake, lol.

It's just a bit of a wasted opportunity is all. Yeah, it looks nice overall, but I was really hoping for the definitive 1/6 Yoda - something clearly superior to the SSC and Medi efforts - and this isn't it.

And no, it's not a case of "nothing is perfect" - after the middling HT effort on Han there was lots of talk that HF had a likeness that couldn't quite be captured - and then Jnix went ahead and did it.

:goodpost:

That Jnix Han sculpt is a complete game changer. It makes you realise that the hardest likenesses can be captured more or less perfectly.

I'm on their Facebook page and I don't see anything about an early release. Do you have a link?

Yeah, check out their FB page. They have the upcoming listed out as to what month they are coming.
I'm delighted that it's quick.
Budget Stark's secret base list says Q1 next year so I'm happy to get him way sooner.

Back