1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Hot Toys saw the frenzy created with the Dr. Strange on Evil Bay and the tidal wave of pre orders received once IW Dr Strange went up.

If that's the case then, they will let this sell out at SDCC allow a month or so to go by to really fan up the frenzy then release the online PO for him LOL.

Last year it was the monday after SDCC started that they released online. I'm not worried. This will be available for all of us to order towards the end of July

Dark Side Anakin looks impressive. Probably one of the best jobs I saw from Hot Toys. Of course the new headsculpt looks amazing and I like the base but especially the tailored-specific cloak. Its longer and appears to be thicker. To me, that cloak makes a difference.

I ordered the original and I actually prefer it more. The Sith Eyes Effect are cool, but we rarely saw it in the movie and to be honest, I'd rather have Dooku's Saber. Episode III had probably the best opening in the Star Wars Movies and Dooku's Saber was one of my favorites.

This is how con exclusives used to be. Everyone has gotten so entitled over the last few years with exclusives being so readily available. Then policies revert back to the way they used to be, everyone freaks out. SDCC itself has started to crack down on “comic con” exclusives. If it’s going to be labeled as such, they want all, or at least a majority, of the supply to actually be sold at the convention. It’s not really their exclusive if 90%+ is being sold online. People complain if the exclusive is an easy variant and people complain if it’s a must have item. People complain if it’s too easy to get or if it’s too hard to get. There is no pleasing everyone.

I prefer them to be more easily available and not must have items, but it is what it is. Most members here don’t even remember priority pre order events and we have come a long way since then. It didn’t always used to be so easy to get everything- you really had to work for some items. I guess every now and then a reminder like this is good to remind us how good we truly have it now being able to obtain most items so easily these days.

Impressive!!
66969966-790D-48E5-A27C-9F10589D3396.jpeg
3EBA46BB-2E32-49B0-9F7E-9882DD3EA192.jpeg
D9B394F8-D570-427B-9BF4-676A460495BA.jpeg

This is how con exclusives used to be. Everyone has gotten so entitled over the last few years with exclusives being so readily available. Then policies revert back to the way they used to be, everyone freaks out. SDCC itself has started to crack down on “comic con” exclusives. If it’s going to be labeled as such, they want all, or at least a majority, of the supply to actually be sold at the convention. It’s not really their exclusive if 90%+ is being sold online. People complain if the exclusive is an easy variant and people complain if it’s a must have item. People complain if it’s too easy to get or if it’s too hard to get. There is no pleasing everyone.

I prefer them to be more easily available and not must have items, but it is what it is. Most members here don’t even remember priority pre order events and we have come a long way since then. It didn’t always used to be so easy to get everything- you really had to work for some items. I guess every now and then a reminder like this is good to remind us how good we truly have it now being able to obtain most items so easily these days.

Very tru. Remember when you could preorder half the damn year of figures at the con and forego the priority preorder madness?
Plenty of folks on the board that will help folks get their sith eyes Anakin. Man this whole conversation is a throw back to SS sith Anakin!

Photo is nice. A lot of "sharp" effect on it :p And the color on production is way different and reddish anyway.

The promotional photos have a red tint to them, I don't think the colour can be judged correctly until it is in natural lighting.

Figure looks great. Don't know if I want this over the regular version, but either would be wonderful display pieces.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That is the production model isn't it?

Sent from a point in space and time
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkVfYg0DP9E/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1g4119pe7m0id

No, that's the hand painted prototype.
The production model is the one used in the official pics - they normally use the prod version on these limited editions as they are already produced and ready to roll.

I absolutely love the eyes on this piece! Not sure why all the debate.

The eyes on the proto (above) are incredible and accurate. However have a look at the first page of the thread - big let down - less sith yellow, less detail, and way too much red.

It seems like there are usually enough exclusive figures to go around. A lot of them linger around for quite a while. Heck the battle damaged armored Batman from last year is still available and has been discounted numerous times. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Anakin goes up on Sideshow later.

I remember the priority preorder. I remember the comic con exclusives being pretty easy compared to the sideshow obi wan or the emporer figures. I remember being on sideshows website and F5ing over and over until the preorder page went up. And for some reason it was easy to be kicked off by then, and then when you would navigate to the page you had to hope your order went through or get on the wait list....thats how fast these used to sell back in the day. Somehow we were happy to have ordered something we wouldnt have in hand for 9 months. Sort of like finding out youre going to be a father of a toy. Good times. Its totally different now. Probably 75% of the time i dont even preorder.

Oh the days of jumping online at work at 1pm ET for a fun-filled 10 minutes of fury and panic...lol

The priority pre-order stuff was before I was collecting but reading through an old thread specifically about it I think most would be glad that’s not how it is for most releases now days.

Or some just don’t prefer the look?

Fair point. Sorry I am crabby today. I sure hope some open up for non-attendees. I cannot afford the 2nd market price mark ups!!

And for those that say this version should have been included in v1, I agree 1000% Didn't count on this Sith eyes version being a con-exclusive

It probably should have been included I agree but it was too easy to not do as an exclusive. At the very least I think it could have been lower priced. Asking $30 more for a sculpt that looks essentially the same other than the eyes and a new base and lightsaber effect is excessive. Should have been like $10 more tops. At the very least they should have added more weathering or something to the outfit to differentiate it a bit more rather than pretty much a straight re-release of a figure that can still be pre-ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feels like a restart. I am pretty sure this was the first SW SDCC exclusive

Nope. Luke and Han in Trooper disguise were both exclusives and there was some other Trooper variant from one of the Battlefront games. There have been various other exclusives too like the Shadow Trooper, Spacetrooper, Jyn in Imperial disguise, the gold Stormtrooper, and that ugly porcelain Stormtrooper.

I believe he's referring to the 1st 1/6 scale SDCC exclusive. Not the 1st HT 1/6 SDCC exclusive. Which was indeed the SS 1/6 Darth Vader (Anakin with yellow Sith eyes) re-release from 2006. A copy here from HT doing the same exclusive with the same figure 12 years later. The regular Anakin was the standard release, while the same Darth Vader version with yellow eyes and special lava base (the top part of the droid included here with HT) was the only exclusive parts.

SS Anakin Comp.jpg

He's right as this being a "copy" of the very 1st SDCC 1/6 Star Wars figure. And I know since I own both.

Back