1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He just arrived!

Had some trouble removing the nylons (the left hand nylon was a nightmare and took some pulling - hope I haven't damaged the hand or the joint, the extra ones in the box should be sufficient if anything is broken, right)?

The right boot also fell off when removing the nylon on it, but was able to attach it afterwards.

Thought on the above - these things are meant to be detached and moved around, right? I mean, I couldn't have easily broken anything just like that?

Lastly - I noticed that there is an additional inner nylon going from his wrist all the way up his elbow (behind all clothing), whish is so within the whole figure, that is almost inaccessible and I will NOT be attempting to mess with it or remove it...

Other than that - he is amazing!

Edit: On careful observation, noticed that the straps on the right boot are weirdly twisted and glued in:

20190126_114120.jpg

Do you think that's a serious issue? Looks like a manufacturing problem. I don't want to return the whole figure because of that, as everything else on him is literally perfect.

What do you think? Should I leave it as it is?

I'd defo ask for a replacement boot, these aren't $15 gas station figures you should get what you pay for.

Can't believe its been a month and I still haven't futzed this guy. Finally washing the robe today. Need to take that white t-neck off. :lol

He's quite striking in hand on that stand. Some putty on his feet and I think he's going to top of the detolf.

icon 1.jpg

icon 2.jpg

:lol

Why haven’t taken it off yet? Afraid it’ll be stained? Makes me think I should probably check mine...

@Vader - Definitely get a replacement.

I have the regular Anakin and still haven't taken the white paper off the neck either... :lol

I also still have it on Jedi Luke as well. Can't see it from a distance, so for me better safe than sorry. :)

Can't believe its been a month and I still haven't futzed this guy. Finally washing the robe today. Need to take that white t-neck off. :lol

He's quite striking in hand on that stand. Some putty on his feet and I think he's going to top of the detolf.

View attachment 441672

View attachment 441673

Very nice. And yeah, I'd remove that white wrapping around the neck. Meant to prevent staining or not, it makes him look like Father Anakin.

Oh...wait.

I have the regular Anakin and still haven't taken the white paper off the neck either... :lol

I also still have it on Jedi Luke as well. Can't see it from a distance, so for me better safe than sorry. :)

I have Jedi Anakin as well, but I took mine off. The collar of the tunic underneath doesn't sit snugly up against his neck enough to stain it. I took mine off of RotJ Luke as well, but slightly bent the collar away from the neck as much as possible, so that way it also doesn't sit snugly right up against the neck and make firm contact.

Anyone like me - that has figures and cant display them?

Im waiting on my detolf and or when we move to display my figures again. My old desktop display was a dust magnet and a dangling carrot to the cats and kids. :(

My Reg Anakin, Anakin DS, ESB Vader, ROTJ Luke, ESB Boba Fett, and Deluxe Palps have only been inspected.

Attachments

• IMG_4797.jpg
    IMG_4797.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 347
  • IMG_2035.JPG
    IMG_2035.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 348
  • IMG_4148.jpg
    IMG_4148.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 333
Anyone like me - that has figures and cant display them?

Im waiting on my detolf and or when we move to display my figures again. My old desktop display was a dust magnet and a dangling carrot to the cats and kids. :(

My Reg Anakin, Anakin DS, ESB Vader, ROTJ Luke, ESB Boba Fett, and Deluxe Palps have only been inspected.

Great collection. I have two detolfs and basically two detolfs’ worth of extra figures either boxed up or crammed (or at least more than I’d like) in my current two.

Great collection. I have two detolfs and basically two detolfs’ worth of extra figures either boxed up or crammed (or at least more than I’d like) in my current two.

Thanks man. I hope my display will look half as good as yours someday! I’d be thrilled.

If anyone is looking for a hot toys Darth Vader stand like I’ve been, one more is left on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After having him in his shipper for months as I waited to finish a new move/get another detolf I can finally say he’s freshly out of his packaging and everything I hoped for! Here are some quick iPhone pics I took tonight:

37ec8309be31d092d016ed8c622b899e.png

0fb8a00579192fe5b583359efe2b333e.png

bccb3ecc0eb0b421f644907562b42948.png

Feel like I have a miniature Hayden in my shelf, Hot Toys did a phenomenal job capturing him. Boba next? P.S the mini 501st is a joke, not actually staying there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back