1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see you also ordered a Negan bat from that couple off ebay. She. is. AWEsome and definitely a conversation piece when friends come over.

I indeed did! I sent them pictures to make mine as screen accurate as possible with the way the wire was wrapped and where parts overlapped etc! Anakin was where Lucille is mornally placed.

Finally done with Vader:

BC398B56-C951-42BC-A9F4-0C292C104D78.jpeg
CA35768A-3E16-4623-808E-7BD7133BB483.jpeg

Thanks, that’s my favorite look and what I’m going for. :rock

I think I’m just gonna leave the outfit as it is, and if anybody’s interested in the stock HT sith eyes, drop me a PM. I’m selling it

Looks fantastic. Kind of reminds me of the Vancei Anakin, which was the first 1:6 figure to grab my attention. I like the HT figure but I think the sculpted hair is too big. I've sent both of mine out to be rehaired (Sith version will be repainted as well). I'll also eventually switch the long robe to Jedi Anakin and get the Sith outfit weathered.

They're both great figures, I personally got dark side one for the base, longer cloak, sith eyes since his fall is such a pivotal twist in the saga, and also the paler facepaint although that one comes down to personal taste.

I currently own both versions. I consider them amazing..However, the only annoying thing about the original is the short robe. The only annoying thing about the DS is the lack of standard base with nameplate.
Either way, you will love them both. A must have!

I agree w Rayeknor. I prefer the sith version...the expression on his face better lends itself to the dark side anakin and the eyes look REALLY intense...the paler skin gives him a more deathly feel....but the eyes! I’m reminded of the scene when he’s screams “I hate you!” To obi wan ....and that iconic shot when he turns to the camera With the sith eyes just ..burning in their sockets! It’s. Great great figure...if you have the room get both...but if you HAD to pick one...The Dark side version is the more interesting

Thank you all for your feedback! I decided to go with regular Anakin. I think Dark Side Anakin/Vader looks incredible and likely has better shelf presence overall. But I think a more "heroic" (even though he looks a little evil) representation of Anakin is more my cup of tea. The longer hood would have been nice, but it's not something I see as being a dealbreaker. I also already have a swoosh effect from Rey I could use on him if I wanted to, and the droid base, while awesome, isn't really something I was after. Plus, it didn't hurt that Sideshow was offering free global shipping, and I had $41 in rewards points saved up.

Looks fantastic. Kind of reminds me of the Vancei Anakin, which was the first 1:6 figure to grab my attention. I like the HT figure but I think the sculpted hair is too big. I've sent both of mine out to be rehaired (Sith version will be repainted as well). I'll also eventually switch the long robe to Jedi Anakin and get the Sith outfit weathered.

Thanks. I’m also not a fan of the hair sculpt. Had it been a tad shorter like ledger joker hair length, it’d have been better.

Oh man, the Vancei Anakin, that’s a throwback. I remember first seeing photos of that and saying something like “Man nobody will ever top this.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have both the V2 of this robe and the OSK robe? I have the v1 and the OSK robe, and I feel like the hood on the OSK is way too huge and hard to get it to look good. Any tips, or should I just pick up a v2?

Thanks. I’m also not a fan of the hair sculpt. Had it been a tad shorter like ledger joker hair length, it’d have been better.

Being new to 1/6th scale figures in a sense, and even modding them more so (didn't realize that most of these figures can look MUCH better than their out-of-box self....I was always amazed by the detail that the product had to begin with)..where do I get a head sculpt like that? It's simply amazing looking and so detailed! Is that actual hair material?

I would love to throw a head on my SSC Punisher, and even one like this on my Anakin DS, but with Sith eyes of course. Have a referral for anyone?

Being new to 1/6th scale figures in a sense, and even modding them more so (didn't realize that most of these figures can look MUCH better than their out-of-box self....I was always amazed by the detail that the product had to begin with)..where do I get a head sculpt like that? It's simply amazing looking and so detailed! Is that actual hair material?

I would love to throw a head on my SSC Punisher, and even one like this on my Anakin DS, but with Sith eyes of course. Have a referral for anyone?

I customized the head myself. If anyone’s interested, drop me a PM.

So, is carefully popping the head off, the way to remove the nylon strap around the neck and then to put the had back on?

Thanks and appreciated!

That's how it's done with most figures indeed. Yet, with Anakin, i noticed shirt/undershirt tend to get in the way. Make sure no fabric is stuck in between neck and shoulders wen you place the head back.

That's how it's done with most figures indeed. Yet, with Anakin, i noticed shirt/undershirt tend to get in the way. Make sure no fabric is stuck in between neck and shoulders wen you place the head back.

Thanks!

And should i grab the head by the chin and top of the head?

I don't want to break the hair sculpt from the head.. Is it glued?

Back