1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Crossbones Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I USUALLY don't base my purchases on performances in films... But I thought Crossbones was handled very clumsily in Civil War. I mean, it's an amazing film, but that was my only gripe. I'm starting to think whether it's worth it to purchase when it goes up...

Thought the same thing.

I read the plot on Wikipedia and only saw Crossbones mentioned once, while Zemo seemed to be a bigger player. I'll see in about a week.

Just watched the film. Zemo was phenomenal, by far the best Cap villain in my honest opinion. If there's any complaint I have it's the fact that his design is non-existent, but really with how good he was portrayed, I'd say it barely matters unless you want him represented in your collection.

As for Crossbones, I'm not really surprised with how he was handled. Short as it was, he served his role well, and for the general cool factor I thought he was fine.

Spoiler Spoiler:

So yeah it might have been a small role, but it's a pretty hefty one that helps to push forward the main plot of the film. My only gripe with this figure is how the film depicted him as having extra gear (a fancy gas mask that goes over his existing helmet and he actually used firearms) which would have been nice to get since it seemed to imply that it was standard gear for him. The figure basically depicts him without all that extra stuff and it's meant to represent his melee combat "mode" of sorts when he's shed all the tactical gear off for a fist fight.

Just watched the film. Zemo was phenomenal, by far the best Cap villain in my honest opinion. If there's any complaint I have it's the fact that his design is non-existent, but really with how good he was portrayed, I'd say it barely matters unless you want him represented in your collection.

As for Crossbones, I'm not really surprised with how he was handled. Short as it was, he served his role well, and for the general cool factor I thought he was fine.

Spoiler Spoiler:

So yeah it might have been a small role, but it's a pretty hefty one that helps to push forward the main plot of the film. My only gripe with this figure is how the film depicted him as having extra gear (a fancy gas mask that goes over his existing helmet and he actually used firearms) which would have been nice to get since it seemed to imply that it was standard gear for him. The figure basically depicts him without all that extra stuff and it's meant to represent his melee combat "mode" of sorts when he's shed all the tactical gear off for a fist fight.

Ehhh, I'm not worried. The full reveal hasn't even been shown yet and I'd expect those punching things to fold or detach and this figure come with at least a couple of weapons. I mean why wouldn't he if he's got shotgun shells, knives and ammo clips on his shoulders?

Ehhh, I'm not worried. The full reveal hasn't even been shown yet and I'd expect those punching things to fold or detach and this figure come with at least a couple of weapons. I mean why wouldn't he if he's got shotgun shells, knives and ammo clips on his shoulders?

That's true. Hopefully the full reveal will have him with his full gear along with a non-helmeted head sculpt.

loading+gun+supernatural.gif
Guess you can shoot me..

nah, they're camo. they could be a shade darker.. but the ones from the on set photos aren't black. they look black in some photos though, so i understand the confusion.

You're right, they're not black.. should be darker on the finished product tho ;)

I was a bit disappointed in Crossbones but he served his purpose. The character still looks awesome but I'm not sure if I'll get it. Zemo would be great but who knows if he'll be made.

Really do like the look of this figure, but after seeing the film, I think I'll pass on this one....for now at least. :)

His role was in a way

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back