1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Crossbones Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see this actually happening at about 30% likelihood at this point.

To be fair though, heavy collectors (the main audience for villains) are not going to be a great return on investment. There's just not enough of them. They want to make products a wide array of collectors will buy, and let's be 100% honest, someone will buy Cap or Iron Man any day over the villain. I don't blame them for not going down that road with some of the "B" level enemies.

I agree, but Hot Toys also have to cater their heavy collectors (and no, we're not all fat). Hot Toys might not sell a load of these, but the core collectors will be happy. We probably wont get anything but DC, Marvel, Star Wars for a while (X-Men is Fox, and Disney wants the license back, so I think they have told Hot Toys, if you want to keep doing Star Wars and MCU, X-Men is a no-go). This is just the lay of the land. But I do think Howard is both passionate and clever. Stan Lee is Marvel, I guess, but he was still a risky figure. Mandarin and Electro are both bench warmers (they er GREAT figures, don't hesitate), they were both kind of second grade villains (unlike Thanos and Ultron), so yeah, in a business perspective, doing small(er) villains is bad business, but a part of me, at least, hope that Hot Toys will still cater to the Heavy (not fat) collectors.
Cross bones is a beautiful sculpt and I LOVE him from the comics. In the film he was very... Blah... but I would still get the figure, cause I remember him fondly from the old(er) Cap A.
I think that Hot Toys got a list and probably some concept art like 1-2 years before the final film (they need time to make the figure). While they did the prototype, the film came out and they found out that he's barely in it. For 200+ dollars, that will be a "thanks, but no thanks" for the majority of the collectors, but the heavy (not necessaraly fat) collectors will still want this.
I thought Yellow Jacket was pretty "meh" in the film, a great figure, but I have no connection to him in the comic books (never did read much Avengers), so I wouldn't buy him. But great if they made him. He is a pretty damn cool figure.
Anyhow, I do hope we get Crossbones.

We got Whiplash Mk2 and that guy got like 2 minutes in the film?

Im really hoping they make this guy and Yellowjacket. Needs some villains on the shelf!

And I'm not saying we're not getting this, I truly hope we are, just that sales wise, B-list villains got it hard. If they're non Iron Man. They made Tony with a Cowboy hat. They'll make anything Iron Man. I great that they are. I love the variety. I sincerely hope that Cross Bones and Yellow Jacket will be made

Waiting for a Crossbones and Yellow Jacket PO....

skeleton-at-a-keyboard-with-a-real-mouse-video-idrbrp01522

Just hold on guys. We'll get them! We got Ultron Mark I of all things...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for both yellowjacket n crossbone. But not holding my breath either. When its out, instant PO for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup I would still gladly buy this figure if the ever decide to make him......Seriously we need more villains.

Back