1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0071.jpg

I love this figure

Hello, i am not sure if this was asked, is there any protection product i can apply to this figure to prevent peeling or damage?
Thank you

Impulse-bought this and ESB Boba Fett last week and they're finally here, so now I'll have 2 lone Star Wars fellows chilling among all the Marvel. Though now I think I'm going to have to read through this whole thread to unlock the secret of swapping these mother-flipping interchangeable hands that I've been struggling to fit into the pegs for the last hour.

Did anyone get their Vader without an instruction booklet? Doesn’t seem to be one with mine and I’m assuming there should be sine all the others have come with one)

Impulse-bought this and ESB Boba Fett last week and they're finally here, so now I'll have 2 lone Star Wars fellows chilling among all the Marvel. Though now I think I'm going to have to read through this whole thread to unlock the secret of swapping these mother-flipping interchangeable hands that I've been struggling to fit into the pegs for the last hour.

If he’s anything like the ANH Vader (Rerelease), what I did was run each hand under scorching hot water. I also made sure to pour the water onto the peg hole inside the hand then just dumped/ blew it out before attempting to attach them. The hot water softens up the rubber and makes attaching them MUCH easier. Good luck.

Did anyone get their Vader without an instruction booklet? Doesn’t seem to be one with mine and I’m assuming there should be sine all the others have come with one)

It usually is taped on the lower part of the plastic tray. Did yo look closely for it everywhere in the box?

I noticed that on the inside part of my Vader's dome, there is a slight unpainted silver-ish line:

20190112_180041.jpg

I touched it and it's perfectly smooth, which means it's simply an unpainted segment.

Do you think that's serious? I can't return or request replacement anymore as the figure was bought 3 months ago already.

Thanks.

I noticed that on the inside part of my Vader's dome, there is a slight unpainted silver-ish line:

View attachment 439656

I touched it and it's perfectly smooth, which means it's simply an unpainted segment.

Do you think that's serious? I can't return or request replacement anymore as the figure was bought 3 months ago already.

Thanks.

Mine had one of those too, it appears to be some sort of marking point perhaps in production. You will never see this diplayed so I wouldnt worry

If you think you need ESB Vader in your collection then buy it. No matter what Vader will HT release in time it will not be perfect, all might have various accuracy issues, restrictive suits, hands replacement difficulties and so on. That being said I really enjoy this figure, and the base is killer.

Agreed , no Hot Toys Vader , or any other figure for that matter by hot toy or anyone else , will look 100% accurate without work. They are after all as my wife puts it ---- "Just Toys " .

View attachment 439656

Thanks.

What difference does it really make. The helmet looks fine on the outside and that's the only part you really see anyway.

I opened the outfit and noticed that HT reused the old anh speaking Vader body on this one. It’s got a batt compartment in the abs area. Thought they sculpted a new body for him.

Anyone noticed that the back of his head (with dome off) when pressed just slightly inwards, can be moved a bit forward/backwards - like it's just tiny loose and not fully secured to the mask?

Is this normal? Any idea if the back part of the head is supposed to be glued to the mask or tightened with a screw?

Back