1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked this & the scout trooper up for 30% off thanks to Cyber Monday. Had no intention of getting him, but figured I'd need a Vader for my collection and was too cheap to resist.

So far extremely happy I bought him! Now I just need another detolf. Phone pic unfortunately.

BZjfRrH.jpg

I dunno - I have multiple issues with it and many seem to hate it but to me it can be made to look pretty good. And to get it "decent" it requires less modding than the ANH/RO sculpt (I modded the nose.) Out of the box this looks closer to ESB Vader than the ANH version looks like ANH Vader.

And this will be the same sculpt they'll use for the ROTJ release - mainly because pretty much everything about it is ROTJ, not ESB.

44345175745_80138710b6_o.png

31382622618_3f5995d88d_o.png

That looks really good to me, nice job! What did you do to the nose?

Just picked this & the scout trooper up for 30% off thanks to Cyber Monday. Had no intention of getting him, but figured I'd need a Vader for my collection and was too cheap to resist.

So far extremely happy I bought him! Now I just need another detolf. Phone pic unfortunately.

BZjfRrH.jpg

30% off???? Wat

30% off???? Wat
Most likely Brian’s Toys. I picked up ESB Fett deluxe from them during the 30% off sale.

Correct! Brian's Toys. Someone posted the sale on the forums and I pulled trigger. I never got any tracking information, so I was expecting to get an email saying they ran out. Yesterday I instead got a text that a large box arrived, so definitely a nice surprise.

That looks really good to me, nice job! What did you do to the nose?

Lengthened the nose downward, which gets rid of the "button nose" and also reduces the mouth triangle, which seems too big. I also overpainted the nose a bit all the way around to make it wider also so its more proportionate to the overall face.

There are certainly other issues with the mask (some which can't be fixed, or at least in any way easily) but I think the nose mod takes care of a sizable percentage of what looked off about the helmet to me.

Did you ever post a better lit/bigger pic of your repaint of this helmet? I'm curious to see what you did. It's a bit daunting but I'd love to see this repainted with a deeper silver gunmetal color.

no I never did. but I think with the repaint it helps bring out the mask a little bit more. hell SS had the brighter colors but the sculpt sucked.

Vader looks to have arrived at Ikon Collectables (Australian Hot Toys distributor) today so hopefully we will see some stock in stores before Christmas.

Great pic.I wanna pose mine the same way..but need a acrylic case that is big enough for the base also.

I'd love to find a way to dial down the brightness on those red and green lights somehow. They're way too bright both in hand and in pics, and even darkening the pics afterwards doesn't seem to help.

I'd love to find a way to dial down the brightness on those red and green lights somehow. They're way too bright both in hand and in pics, and even darkening the pics afterwards doesn't seem to help.
Yeah they are pretty damn bright. If only the saber was that bright too.

Back