1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very new to collecting and I noticed there have been many releases of 1/6 Vader and SW figures in recent years from HT and SS. How does this previous release (pictured) from SS compare to the recent releases? If anyone has or had both? Wondering if there are major differences and if it is worth getting at a cheaper price than the latest SS and HT release. Thanks!

View attachment 433493

Worst Vader 1/6 to date IMO. The part I hated most was the skinny arms and how the cape would "stick" to your fingers when you futzed it. It was some sheer grabby silky material doomed anyone who didnt have silky smooth hands.

Worst Vader 1/6 to date IMO. The part I hated most was the skinny arms and how the cape would "stick" to your fingers when you futzed it. It was some sheer grabby silky material doomed anyone who didnt have silky smooth hands.

Just like Winnie the Pooh...
ac8d548e25912093a9a6e89d537dbe0e.jpg

Got mine also.What a nice looking Figure...but where is the dent on the front of the helmet that was on the prototype and on the box?I bought an ESB Vader and not a ROTJ version.HT should change the right dome for us.

34399930jn.jpg

Those promo/proto pics are misleading as they used the helmet from the ANH vader....which is inaccurate. TESB helmet shouldn't have the dent or the widows peak..

View attachment 434101

For anyone on the fence with getting this like me Alter Ego Comics is running a Cyber Monday sale where all in-stock figures are 10% off. Brings this to about $240 and there's free shipping.

Those promo/proto pics are misleading as they used the helmet from the ANH vader....which is inaccurate. TESB helmet shouldn't have the dent or the widows peak..

View attachment 434101

Thats wrong..the ESB has the dent...not so sharp like the ANH helmet but it is on the screenused helmets...only ROTJ has no dent on the front of the helmet.

Here you can see it:

34409907jy.jpg

And the helmet on the promofigure...looks it not more like the Rogue One version?

The arms are fine

Just for fun here is a pic of the new pose I have my Vader in so far. Still love this guy just wish I can get the hands to pug in tot he arms.
cf3200356d54c674a77399d5a8fb8637.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a 1/6 RoTJ Vader has 2 headsculpts it has potential to be an improvement. If its one headsculpt with reveal features it wont be an improvement to me unless they pull off Takara level engineering. Not holding my breath, happy with ESB.

The 1/4 version looks to be a reveal, right?

The hand pegs do go in great using the hair blow dryer trick.

Simply take the hand you want the peg to go into, use a tweezer to hold it (so you don't heat yourself) and use the blow dryer to heat the inside of the hand to soften the plastic then try connecting it to the arm peg. Just make sure to line the peg up right so it goes in.

Learned this trick years ago with HT Spiderman 3 and works great with every figure, especially when taking stuck pegs out of hands or arms. Needle pliers works great taking the pegs out of hands with this figure after a short heat up with the hair dryer (about 30 seconds).

You'll get the hang of it. Hope this helps.

Back