1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you know what I mean.:lol

Where's your repaint pics. Gotta see this.

It crossed my mind to touch up the paint (I have a can of Tamiya gun metal and Tamiya fine detail masking for my cigarette lighter Vader helmet redo,) but I'm more in the bolas de queso department.:lol

It crossed my mind to touch up the paint (I have a can of Tamiya gun metal and Tamiya fine detail masking for my cigarette lighter Vader helmet redo,) but I'm more in the bolas de queso department.:lol
it`s a few pages back on this thread

Well, until I can figure out how the heck to swap out the arm for the light up version, this is how mine is looking. I really really like him, even if he is SO MUCH harder to pose than the old SS ANH. I’m shocked at how much more restrictive the body suit is. I’m glad to say I got one of the helmets where the tube joints (where the top and bottom halves of the mask meet) are perfectly aligned. There’s the seam if you look closely of course, but there are no gaps or anything. Aside from learning how work with this tight suit, my only real critique is the tusk alignment as previously discussed to death. Thankfully, in hand (and from most angles) it’s not nearly as noticable as in macro photos and certainly not off enough to make me risk screwing up a nearly $300 figure.

Sorry the pics are of the lousy iPad camera variety. It’s all I had to work with tonight.

mxMIvH3.jpg

Jsm3I28.jpg

uT9KWyK.jpg

Ey26jal.jpg

Futzing with him a bit tonight...nothing major, here's a shot:

HT-ESB-VADER-003.jpg

I'm enjoying it, except....

The battery boxes for the light feature get a big fat "F" for a grade. What in the blazes were they thinking?

I like the proportions, the detailing, the overall look.

what body did you use? mine I`m using the RO base body with ANH rubber chest and the arms from the ANH body. and ANH lower legs to make him look short.

So, really, does anyone have advice or a video of how to swap out the light-up arm? I CANNOT get the regular arm out of the sleeve. Is there some trick or particular way it needs to bend or twist to slip out? I’m trying to work it straight out as gently as I can by sliding the arm down a little, then pushing the sleeve up a little, the sliding the arm down and so on. Just kinda inching it out a tiny bit at a time. But it gets totally stuck once about half the forearm is out and won’t budge.

So, really, does anyone have advice or a video of how to swap out the light-up arm? I CANNOT get the regular arm out of the sleeve. Is there some trick or particular way it needs to bend or twist to slip out? I’m trying to work it straight out as gently as I can by sliding the arm down a little, then pushing the sleeve up a little, the sliding the arm down and so on. Just kinda inching it out a tiny bit at a time. But it gets totally stuck once about half the forearm is out and won’t budge.

If you bend the elbow just a bit backwards, like the wrong way it’s supposed to bend, it pops right out.

Then just pull it through the sleeve. Popping the new one on is the trickiest part. You have to feel the sides of the elbow to make sure it’s popping in the right way.

Sorry. Didn’t know it was stuck on the sleeve. The first ANH Vader had a slit in the cuff to help remove the arm. May want to try that since the gloves cover it up. I had the same problem with one of my Jedi Lukes. One was loose enough to get the arm I. And out and the other was stitched too tight. Once I got the light up arm in that one I wasn’t taking it out.

Yeah I have no trouble popping the arm loose. I just can’t get it out of the sleeve because the sleeve is so insanely tight.

Starting to mock up my display for ESB Vader. These are custom snowies partly using HT recasts, I have another 2 regular HT snowies.

The cape has a bit of thickness on the shoulders due to the layers - I may try to get everything to bed down more to lower the shoulders just a touch, may be able to get him to look down a bit more too. Most 1/6 Vaders seem to want to look up a bit, though Vader does do a lot of that in ESB.

44161070824_f9b2952a60_o.png

This is the tweaked nose and retouched mouth.

44165109724_b81493c367_o.png

IMPRESSIVE... most impressive.

I first move the sleeve up to create some slack before pulling down again. And the good thing is once you get the arm out that first time it's usually easier to switch out after that.

Man, after working on it for probably a total of around an hour or more between yesterday and today (that’s an actual hour of physically working the arm, not counting letting the fabric rest and taking breaks to cool off before I got mad and did something stupid out of frustration) I FINALLY got the arms to swap! The light up saber is pretty neat. But I don’t love the limited articulation. I haven’t found a way to get both hands on the saber with the light up version yet... And in truth, in my lighted display case you can’t really even tell it’s lit up unles you are looking at it up close from just the right angle. So after all that, I’m gonna swap back to the regular arm anyway.

But I’ll enjoy the light up feature for a few days first... :wink1:

I know my pictures suck compared to most here, but man this figure is incredible in person. I just keep going back to it every chance I get, like a moth to a flame.

d9wpWug.jpg

629IDfD.jpg

uhvcR8o.jpg

qYJNfFb.jpg

Man, after working on it for probably a total of around an hour or more between yesterday and today (that’s an actual hour of physically working the arm, not counting letting the fabric rest and taking breaks to cool off before I got mad and did something stupid out of frustration) I FINALLY got the arms to swap! The light up saber is pretty neat. But I don’t love the limited articulation. I haven’t found a way to get both hands on the saber with the light up version yet... And in truth, in my lighted display case you can’t really even tell it’s lit up unles you are looking at it up close from just the right angle. So after all that, I’m gonna swap back to the regular arm anyway.

But I’ll enjoy the light up feature for a few days first... :wink1:

I know my pictures suck compared to most here, but man this figure is incredible in person. I just keep going back to it every chance I get, like a moth to a flame.

View attachment 427958

View attachment 427959

View attachment 427960

View attachment 427961

nice. I love the Godzilla figures underneath vader what Godzilla`s are those from?

YvMONTz.jpg

Left to right: X Plus 30cm Godzilla ‘84, Banpresto Godzilla ‘54 crane prize, Billiken Godzilla ‘75 model I built many years ago, X Plus 30cm Godzilla ‘68

Around their feet are a bunch of little Godzilla movie scene dioramas by Yuji Sakai

Back