1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same
images
again...

Good...don't get it! Go for next ROTJ release. Most likely will be over the 300 mark betting on ROTJ 1/4 and Emperor cost taking into account inflation a few years out.

ESB is great enough...Gonna look AWESOME with 2013 Luke Bespin...about time!

Eyes are fine, mouth and tusks way better in hand then photos. Its a great Vader, best one in 1:6 so far.. I recommend you get one :lol

Eyes are fine, mouth and tusks way better in hand then photos. Its a great Vader, best one in 1:6 so far.. I recommend you get one [emoji38]
Agreed. I bet most folks doing the complaining probably don't have it in hand. While there are some professional photographers here most of us aren't. This is one figure you need to see for yourself. I'm very satisfied with this figure.

I am a meat popsicle

Photography is HARD bruh lol
vader5.jpg
vader6.jpg
I'm really happy with this guy too. Last Vader I bought was the SSC ANH Vader. No comparison to this figure it is superior in every way.

Last edited:
I hope a lot of people cancel. HT can always use a little prodding to get back to working hard, especially on figures they milk and milk to death. I see a lot of laziness on this figure. Like they already know the better one is in the works.

That said, I'm keeping my preorder. I've always preferred ANH... and this ESB figure will prove why. :)
What’s everyone complaining about with Vader?

the helmet and mask being separate is not an issue in itself

But the badly sculpted facemask it.

I cancelled mine. wait for rotJ

In the meantime I got myself a ANH V2 head to see if it looks better than the RO head in-hand with the lighting on my shelf or possible modding
Mine isn’t sculpted bad at all, looks amazing like the promo pictures, not sure what everyone else’s problem is

FWIW, I was on the fence about picking this up until I’d seen a number of great reviews and pics posted here... and I’m glad I did. Like many others have said, this version is amazing in hand, despite any minor flaws it might have. Personally, the only issue I’ve had is with getting the three batteries into the saber arm. It took using some precision tweezers to get them in, and then the on/off switch turned out to very twitchy. It takes a lot of sliding back and forth to some mid-point to get the led to come on. Has anyone else run into this?

Yeah it is a great looking figure with a lot of presence.

BUT I think it could use some easy improvements to make it better. The helmet and proportions aren’t where they could be. I think they needed to rethink the whole body but instead went for the same ANH version.

And it is doubtful we will get an improved ESB/ROTJ Helmet. Hot Toys reused the same mould 3 times for the ANH version. They will probably reuse this ESB mould several times over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth-Vader-in-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-1.jpg
After reading many many pages of this thread, I have seen a lot of complaints about the so called "gap" between the helmet and the eyes and outer helmet piece. However, as you can see from this image from the film, the gap is clearly visible and seems to be accurate to the movie. Another important thing to note, just like any film (yes even Star Wars), there will always be minor mistakes and things that change from scene to scene. This is much more obvious with Lukes lightsaber which changes from scene to scene. However, from this picture it looks entirely accurate as do other scenes from the movie.

Attachments

• maxresdefault-2.jpg
    maxresdefault-2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
I don't see the eyes being lined in silver in movie stills. Looks weird on the figure. :dunno

(sure this has been covered)

Don't have it in hand yet...could be picture lighting, images show a major upgrade to SS Deluxe from 2013, held on the previous HT releases and this one will do...theme and price is right. Many versions to choose from...Maybe ROTJ 1/6 release will be the final ticket to satisfying everyone.

Only things I really see that bother me are the pleats and the belt not being able to adjust lower because it looks too tight. Why does HT continue with the pleats on Vader? Wasn't it only in ROTS he had them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reposed my Vader, did a little more futzing, to the final pose for now.

"No disintegrations."

I took the first two photos, with a better camera.

fullsizeoutput_183_zpsqkulxddd.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_18c_zpscgmkqm41.jpeg

The last one, with the cell phone. So you can see the difference.

20180916_151258_zpsdu9tykbt.jpg

A great figure, no doubts!

P.S. I could adjust the belt, to sit lower, but it's a pain in the ass. It always moves.

Last edited:
I reposed my Vader, did a little more futzing, to the final pose for now.

"No disintegrations."

I took the first two photos, with a better camera.

fullsizeoutput_183_zpsqkulxddd.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_18c_zpscgmkqm41.jpeg

The last one, with the cell phone. So you can see the difference.

20180916_151258_zpsdu9tykbt.jpg

A great figure, no doubts!

P.S. I could adjust the belt, to sit lower, but it's a pain in the ass. It always moves.

FANTASTIC photo's....camera makes the difference...thanks for posting.

Back