1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always felt that ESB/ROTJ was the official Darth Vader look and ANH was somewhat a
Prototype not as polished. I really like this new ESB Vader however in 1/6, I am a fan of the dull unpolished “cheaper” look of ANH. It’s almost “battle damaged” if that makes any sense. View attachment 424477

this is ANH V2 Vader with the 2 pack right?

I believe so. You could tell by the little random stud on the left side of the buckle of the belt. I don’t think R1 Vader has that. Also, the little studs on the straps of the chest box.

I love my ANH Vader, with V2 gloves. I’m sure he’ll look all kinds of wrong to all you Vader experts out there, but to me he just looks like Vader!!
I am a fan of the dull unpolished “cheaper” look of ANH. It’s almost “battle damaged” if that makes any sense.
Totally agree guys. Once I got my degree in Vaderology and discovered their where different looks, I preferred the ANH version. Don't care at all for the super clean glossy look. Like cars for example..I'd rather have something like that matte black Mad Max car or a DeLorean. I know, I know..birds & humans adore shinny things, but it's not for me. Plus, it makes Vader look more toy-ish looking & regal. My V1 Vader w/RO gloves, belt & chest boxes will always be my favorite Vader figure. Never-the-less, got to still get me a shinny Vader for my display.

This is my first HT Vader and he certainly has some wow factor, imo. Stoked!

iKU1rMQ.jpg

XyiqlWM.jpg

Amazing work Dane!

All stock? No mods?

New video out:

https://youtu.be/0vLiseRAATc

So not actually a review, just demonstrating how to install the batteries & promoting an electric screwdriver lol. And of course, another YouTuber that doesn't know how to futz or pose a figure. But I will say, the helmet does look pretty good in the video.

96eccb9e458353a4e90a4553561d051f.jpg

I prefer my RO helmet on him he helmet has more range of motion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got him today, and I personally think it's a great figure, yes it has its flaws but it has the presence of vader and its a quality made piece, the no neck look can be fixed with simple posing, and the weird tusks aren't as noticeable in person and under certain lighting. The dome constantly falling off which bothers people is a non issue for me, it sits on well by just applying a bit of pressure and would only pop of while handing the figure, so I'd advise removing it if changing the pose.

Overall it's a great figure, the base makes up for the flaws I think, it's a great piece of you've not already own a vader which was the case with me, I sold my sideshow one many years ago. Here are some pics..

Got him today, and I personally think it's a great figure, yes it has its flaws but it has the presence of vader and its a quality made piece, the no neck look can be fixed with simple posing, and the weird tusks aren't as noticeable in person and under certain lighting. The dome constantly falling off which bothers people is a non issue for me, it sits on well by just applying a bit of pressure and would only pop of while handing the figure, so I'd advise removing it if changing the pose.

Overall it's a great figure, the base makes up for the flaws I think, it's a great piece of you've not already own a vader which was the case with me, I sold my sideshow one many years ago. Here are some pics..

I also sold my Sideshow Vader (Deluxe with Anakin head) so i could get this one. How do they compare to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think this looks great, so glad he is arriving today. Not perfect, but they never will be. That’s how they keep selling us the same figure. So glad he fits with others in detolf. Looks like I’ll be ordering esb boba if mine comes with a coupon.

This pose gives him more neck and its kind of a powerful pose of superiority, especially with his two boys displayed with him. ��

I also sold my Sideshow Vader (Deluxe with Anakin head) so i could get this one. How do they compare to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All I can tell you since I no longer have the sideshow piece to directly compare it to is that this is a very well made a quality feeling figure, its been so long since I had the sideshow but it definitely wasn't as nice as this figure, at the time of me selling it I felt it was very cheap feeling in comparison to my hot toys.

Gloves are amazingly well sculpted, especially the ones for resting on his belt but they are a pain to switch out, hairdryer is essential.

Back