1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pictures of ESB Vader that I took yesterday.
It was nice but I think I'll wait for ROTJ.

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

Endless hype circle.. ROTJ version with Sebastain Shaw scuplt come outs people getting crazy and sell their previous ones. Same for ROTS version with KFC fried chicken Hayden.

Im happy with ANH Vader -Tarkin with that little interrogation droid :)

Endless hype circle.. ROTJ version with Sebastain Shaw scuplt come outs people getting crazy and sell their previous ones. Same for ROTS version with KFC fried chicken Hayden.

People do what they like. I'm good with ANH too, but that's just me, collecting mainly ANH characters visuals. ANH Vader is raw and i can see why somebody else is thirsty for definitive RoTJ or at least from ESB, which is best SW movie ever (and ever will be).

Thanks for the photos. This looks spot on, save widows peak and too small helmet flare. I'll still get this but if they fix it, it will save me getting an alternative helmet :p

Really nice photos.

Although it would be hard for me justify this purchase when I own the IS Vader.

Unless I used rewards points and put a shelf my above my desk. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I would be fine with just "one" version of Vader on display. Passed on the ANH version due to the mess with the electronics and gloves. Eventually picked up the RO at a fantastic price and was ready to move on...

But the gantry and the fact that it's an ESB Vader, which I would prefer to an RotJ version, really has me thinking...

:dunno

It is definitely an issue. I think maybe it’s not bothering me so much largely because while the lopsidedness is there (and backwards) on the figure, it’s not as dramatic as it is on the real helmet. Also, so many promo images and even shots in the films of Vader are flipped that I’m kinda used to seeing the mouth lean to either side. Right now everything else about the helmet and rest of the figure looks so good that I’m not overly bothered by the reversed mouth or cuts in the tusk tubes. But i do have a nagging worry way in the back of my mind that over time those inaccuracies would start to bother me. :dunno

T1vrHXD.jpg
5768cc42374f51e291ded4b188a52a13--star-wars-darth-darth-vader.jpg

So I’ve been looking really closely at the available pictures and I have a conjecture. I think this figure may actually have a symmetrical mouth and a fully working ROTJ style reveal feature. I think the lopsided look of the mouth is due to the face mask not being fully seated in some photos.

You guys who laugh at nitpickers and ridiculous over analyzing of these figures are gonna love the pics below :rotfl

GFa97RM.jpg
QgBNGAe.jpg
LUBYx8f.jpg
bHpr91q.jpg
oDhJgzA.jpg
kmUiXb4.jpg

Do you guys think that they'll for sure do an Rotj version of Vader?

Just one? They'll probably do an ROTJ solo Vader, a Vader with "lightning bolt hands" Emperor in a 2-pack, and maybe more. I also think there will be at least one more ESB Vader. Would a Vader/Piett 2-pack like the ANH Vader/Tarkin 2-pack be surprising? I think not. Maybe even Vader with shorter tunic in a Snowtrooper 2-pack. The Hot Toys lineup will end up being nearly as extensive as the Kenner/Hasbro 3 3/4" lineup.

I thought i could be happy with this too but with the cool base and scarred head i'll soon have two Vaders on preorder. Damn you HT's your killing me!

So I’ve been looking really closely at the available pictures and I have a conjecture. I think this figure may actually have a symmetrical mouth and a fully working ROTJ style reveal feature. I think the lopsided look of the mouth is due to the face mask not being fully seated in some photos.

You guys who laugh at nitpickers and ridiculous over analyzing of these figures are gonna love the pics below :rotfl

View attachment 379707
View attachment 379708

Hmm, looks like you might be right about that. Good catch! I guess I could live with the symmetrical mouth, assuming it's possible to make the lower piece sit more flush.

Back