1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you could measure in % on how accurate Vader's ESB helmet is to ESB, what number would you come up with (considering the widow's peak and tusk alignment)?

giphy.gif

Yeah, I think this sounded weird :D

Please, pardon my repetitiveness and questions. Just want to be sure before making a purchase. It is a considerable amount of money after all.

Yeah, I think this sounded weird :D

Please, pardon my repetitiveness and questions. Just want to be sure before making a purchase.
I think all of your questions have been answered if you go a few pages back. Don't let someone on here make up your mind on a purchase unless the issues are truly glaring. You'll find some posters with negative remarks don't even own the figure in question because they found something so repulsive in photos. You may be totally happy when someone else isn't.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I loved ESB. Even ANH or ROTJ Vaders are more accurate, I would still want ESB Vader. And it's the best ESB Vader available now. So, I am settled with what's provided. Yet, I agree that HT should give us a better figure considering its price.

Its easy. If you prefer episode 4 and r1 look, get the RO figure. If you prefer the episode 5-6 look, get the esb figure. They are the 2 best Vaders out there you will find most people agree on. Different figures, neither perfect but both very close.

Thanks everyone!

I already have R1 Vader waiting to arrive (for my R1/ANH itch), but I badly want an ESB Vader too (waiting another year for ROTJ is out of the question, I am too impatient lol), so I might get the ESB Vader too - I plan on having those 2 Vaders for at least a few years as they are quite pricey and unless something really good comes out, I will most likely stick with them.

P.S I was considering getting the SS ROTJ Vader for my ESB/ROTJ itch, but something with the helmet seems a bit... off. Like the dome is too short or something.

Any of the HT Vaders blow all the Sideshow Vader figures out of the water. All the Sideshow Vader helmets are atrocious. In my opinion, of course! :wink1::lecture

Im fully aware of all the innacuracies on both HT Vader helmets, and most of the fantastic work done by the members here to improve them. But I’ll admit I wasnt aware that matrix’s comparison pic was modded honestly, was looking at that post on my phone and missed the finer details.

I do have to say that your nose mod has been the biggest improvement I’ve seen on the ESB sculpt yet though. It really does help with the huge mouth, which is the issue that stands out to me the most on this figure :duff

Thanks.:duff Finer sculpt issues aside, many of the problems with HT ESB are due to a very lazy HT using an available ROTJ-style "reveal/brace" sculpt from their upcoming ROTJ release - that then creates a whole host of issues.

Just simply the fact they released a "ESB" helmet that has the reveal greeblies ("Frankenstein bolts") visible from the front when the dome is in place, and that with the dome off the facemask is clearly NOT the ESB meditation chamber look (where the top of the head is exposed,) just typifies the laziness.

I just want to make sure we're not comparing an stock helmet to a modded one, especially when the HT ANH itself needed to be heavily modded (one being a complex nose mod!.) I suspect there are people on here who might be able to bring the ESB helmet up to something good.

And any time you see nice accurate amber lenses on the HT ANH Vader or a nice smooth/deep nose, (like on Matrix's or WasteTimeContinuum's amazing figs,) it's a sure sign someone has cracked that mask open and done some tinkering under the hood.:lol

Just a quick question - does the ANH Vader (V2 - Tarkin pack) needs modding or it's pretty much like in ANH?

Just a quick question - does the ANH Vader (V2 - Tarkin pack) needs modding or it's pretty much like in ANH?

ESB Vader is better than v2 ANH Vader, but not better than v1 ANH Vader and R1 Vader. R1 Vader is better than ESB Vader, but not better than a modded v1 or v2 ANH Vader. V1 ANH Vader is better than v2 ANH Vader and ESB Vader, but not better than R1 Vader. V2 ANH Vader is better than SSC Vaders, but not better than v1 ANH Vader, ESB Vader and R1 Vader.

ESB Vader is better than v2 ANH Vader, but not better than v1 ANH Vader and R1 Vader. R1 Vader is better than ESB Vader, but not better than a modded v1 or v2 ANH Vader. V1 ANH Vader is better than v2 ANH Vader and ESB Vader, but not better than R1 Vader. V2 ANH Vader is better than SSC Vaders, but not better than v1 ANH Vader, ESB Vader and R1 Vader.

I disagree. V1 ANH Vader is the worst of the lot due to its grossly inaccurate paint scheme on the mask and chest armor as well as the terrible gloves and inaccurately sculpted shoulder bells. :pfft: :rotfl

ESB Vader is better than v2 ANH Vader, but not better than v1 ANH Vader and R1 Vader. R1 Vader is better than ESB Vader, but not better than a modded v1 or v2 ANH Vader. V1 ANH Vader is better than v2 ANH Vader and ESB Vader, but not better than R1 Vader. V2 ANH Vader is better than SSC Vaders, but not better than v1 ANH Vader, ESB Vader and R1 Vader. And even with flaws, Kaiyodo's 15 year old Vader facemask sculpt is better than them all, and as a bonus is correctly scaled.

Fixed.:monkey3:lol

Why ANH V2 Vader is not better than V1 ANH Vader ?

you're speaking like ANH V2 Vader is garbage or something.

The helmet seems to be the main bone of contention with this new release.My main gripe is some of the shortcuts Hot Toys took with it such as :

1)Satin lining of inner tunic not sewn at the bottom.
2) No right hand fist
3) jump suit is not wrinkled enough
4) light up chest box superglued to the suit
5) colour of chest armour is too light
6) odd position of the battery box for the lights
7) neck ball joint sits loose in the socket
8) incorrect flanged shape of the shoulder bells.
9) would prefer it if the gloves had a
more quilted rippled look.
10) reveal head and fully masked head should have been two seperate pieces.
11) should have made it a deluxe or DX set with an additional battle damaged head sculpt with Luke Reveal (dagobah vision).

Just my 2 cents

Back