1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cod piece didn't bother me too much on the RO, mainly because it was that big in the film. I love when my figures look realistic, I am just glad I don't get as caught up in the really small details. The level of insight this board has presented to me on all of the little differences in Vader and others like Boba Fett were things I just never noticed before. I think it's a shame some of you are not working for HT or Sideshow. At least be the ones to okay sculpts and details!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it honestly is kinda sad. I think I like this helmet better overall than the ANH/RO sculpt, but neither sculpt really has that accuracy you'd expect after six high-end 1/6 Vaders. It's an incredibly frustrating thing.

The ANH/RO sculpt has some odd distortions to it while the ESB version looks better overall if you can get past the small nose/big mouth thing.

Yeah if it wasn't for the tusks drooping down so much I think I'd find the large mouth a lot easier to live with.

Yeah if it wasn't for the tusks drooping down so much I think I'd find the large mouth a lot easier to live with.

By now im starting to wonder if theres one guy at the factory doing it right and one guy on too much cofee, pic is my figure

tusk.jpg

The second pic is the V2 helmet on the RO body. Sorry if I was confusing. Late and too much caffeine.

Thought it looked too drastically different. Maybe I'll just do a kitbash Vader then. Which body does everybody think is best as a base?

Sorry for the double post, how do I quote two people in one post?

Thought it looked too drastically different. Maybe I'll just do a kitbash Vader then. Which body does everybody think is best as a base?

Sorry for the double post, how do I quote two people in one post?

65fa36d4749e1825ca54222885816f15.jpg
71ffcbe577abe9f56261bc159e691e1d.jpg

b8916f5dd7d4d07f669fcb6a427d370f.jpg

9a3a1d91c7f25df2f25e1be224040983.jpg

3126d4e7c4323163d1bf5a3524b1b9a1.jpg

278342de17ecf123d20c8c80251c2408.jpg

c893ba136016b651fb95270fee2410ee.jpg

39d10af549337623dd59b79bae850e11.jpg

I used the newer SS body. I think it gives Vader the best proportions. He is really oversized but that doesn’t bother me too much.

Also the body allows for a lot of decent dynamic poses.

185056d511cbf18a3442c70fc31f7568.jpg

I had to try this pose. Came up with a compromise as it's not screen accurate but works for the scale, the base, and pose-ability of the outfit.

Both sides the same yep. Looks like my Vader dodged the caffeine addict :lol

Was yours a first batch Vader from the very first to arrive or a recent arrival? I'm wondering if it's something that's been modified slightly since those first ones were sent out?

I preordered the first week it was up on SS' website and I think I was among the first here to receive it. Very happy with the figure and impressed by the quality vs my old SS deluxe Vader.

Checked my tusks and they are like everybody else's. Got mine through BBTS so I think that's second batch if anyone thinks they might get lucky. I'll spare you: probably not!

Lucky. I think yours is the only one I've seen with straight tusks -- both -- in the correct position.

Oh well, matrix69 will show us all how to fix it.

I don't know, his might be straighter but still appear angled down a bit too much like all the rest of ours. Seems to me like the tusks should be more at right angles to the front of the mouth (not to mention a bit shorter).

IMG_20180920_125446.jpg

Finally got mine from BBTS. I'm pretty happy overall. The helmet on my figure snaps into place and stays on without a problem. The arm with the saber is super difficult to swap. I thought it was going to bust the forearm seam on the suit. The longevity of the suit concerns me. The pressue it took to swap the arm and the hand put visible stress on the suit. That coupled with the creases in between the joints lead me to belive it's not a very durable material. I hope it doesn't start cracking and flaking like it's indicating it might.

Darth-Vader-MMS452-1-3.jpg

Back