1/6 Hot Toys Exclusive - Star Wars - Shadow Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mine today, QC nightmare. No pauldron anywhere in the box, and the chest panel is crookedly attached. Contacted Sideshow about it, by far the worst I've had a figure show up so far.

Mine has a small scuff mark too that I didn't see in when I submitted my claim with SSC. Should I be able to just send a pic of it when they respond to me or do I need to submit another? Lighting was dark and it was not clear until I went and put him in my cabinet.

Got mine. Does this look like a small scuff on the helmet?
a46d6407df43e96afd9898f7db910da9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine. Does this look like a small scuff on the helmet?
a46d6407df43e96afd9898f7db910da9.jpg

Can't really tell. Looks like the flash to me. You should be able to tell the difference between a painted on scuff versus a paint rub. Compare it to the rest of the marks on the figure. Was the clamshell touching the helmet before you opened it? If yes then it's probsbly a paint rub. That's what happened to my SSC Vader, along with a laundry list of other defects. Getting a replacement should t be a problem if you bought it through Sideshow.

Edit: I see it now. Below the flash, right? That looks like intentional battle damage to me. Matches up with the other marks on the armor as far as I can tell. I think you're good to go.

Can't really tell. Looks like the flash to me. You should be able to tell the difference between a painted on scuff versus a paint rub. Compare it to the rest of the marks on the figure. Was the clamshell touching the helmet before you opened it? If yes then it's probsbly a paint rub. That's what happened to my SSC Vader, along with a laundry list of other defects. Getting a replacement should t be a problem if you bought it through Sideshow.

Edit: I see it now. Below the flash, right? That looks like intentional battle damage to me. Matches up with the other marks on the armor as far as I can tell. I think you're good to go.

Thanks man. Yeah I tried to take a picture with out the flash and the spot does not really show up so I guess if it is a smudge its very minimal. I did get it from sideshow. There is no paint on the clam shell. The figure seems to pick up finger prints very easily. What's the best thing to wipe it with?

Yeah I definitely understand the appeal of having stuff look bright shiny new, but I like a little wear and tear here and there. Always thought it looked a bit more interesting.

Try a high quality car wax on the scuffs guys...should take it right out. I suggest Mother's or Mcguires.

Yep, that's what I did when I first got my SSC Vader!! I put on a tiny dab of Meguiars car wax on the helmet that had a few tiny scuff marks. Did just as I would with a car where you rub it in gently, wait for it to dry, and then use a soft cloth to buff it off. Now you can't even tell where the scuff marks were! Works beautifully and hasnt affected the underlying paint at all :)

I then did it on the chest plate of my HT Robocop that had a scuff mark, and it worked just as beautifully on that too!

I really like the figure . I really thing the figure needed some protection on the helmet. Here are some quick shots.

11041928_1556915617897855_3037272616660012891_o.jpg10553680_1556915571231193_8719982722431098919_o.jpg10855123_1556915574564526_6371388074994154822_o.jpg

Nice shots, Supes. This thing is gorgeous but it's a fingerprint magnet. I had to get a microfiber cloth just for posing him.

I was going to get a pair of those white gloves but my wife gives me enough weird looks.

Nice shots, Supes. This thing is gorgeous but it's a fingerprint magnet. I had to get a microfiber cloth just for posing him.

I was going to get a pair of those white gloves but my wife gives me enough weird looks.

Sadly my wife collects Hubble so she had a extra pair.

Back