1/6 Hot Toys Exclusive - Star Wars - Shadow Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Midas was available for a while though, wasn't it? Python stuck around for a couple days I recall. So pissed I sold my Python, and for cost too. Sometimes being a good guy bites. Lol.

Yeah, both were supposed to be Exclusives / Specials ..and Python did sell through pretty quick.. but with Midas, while there was a delay before it became available in the West after the shows in the Far East, it seemed like new batches kept arriving.. so it wound up feeling rather less exclusive by the time it really, really sold out.

Yup, selling Python may have been an unfortunate choice.
The Shadow Trooper is starting to look more Python and less Midas, although I would expect early Wait Listers to get one.

Wow, glad I ordered this. I'm surprised these have already gone to being wait-listed since so many people seemed to be pooping it.

Yeah, both were supposed to be Exclusives / Specials ..and Python did sell through pretty quick.. but with Midas, while there was a delay before it became available in the West after the shows in the Far East, it seemed like new batches kept arriving.. so it wound up feeling rather less exclusive by the time it really, really sold out.

Yup, selling Python may have been an unfortunate choice.
The Shadow Trooper is starting to look more Python and less Midas, although I would expect early Wait Listers to get one.

Yes it was stupid, wish I had kept Python. Would love to have him in my collection still. I sold my Midas too but don't miss that as much.

Glad I have two of these stormtroopers secured. If the price gets ridiculous I'll be tempted to sell one but I love the thought of these guys flanking Vader.

those that poop the loudest tend to preorder the fastest....
Ha, I was just thinking I wouldn't get this figure if it was an edition size of 1. It's neat that it's been around since '78, but what makes the Stormtrooper design visually interesting is the contrast. I think these on the shelf will be pretty boring. I haven't seen a picture yet that looks good to me.

Ha, I was just thinking I wouldn't get this figure if it was an edition size of 1. It's neat that it's been around since '78, but what makes the Stormtrooper design visually interesting is the contrast. I think these on the shelf will be pretty boring. I haven't seen a picture yet that looks good to me.

I agree with you.

I'm still buying it though :lol

Iron man stuff gets waitlisted then when it comes out or just before it is shipping it's up for sale again, probably the same with this.

I'm curious if they will actually make that January 2015 release date. I'm curious why the big gap between this and the regular troopers. It's basically the same mold and actually has a couple extra added bits to it. Wish I could make sense of the way they handle the production queues on these things...

It's coming out so soon because they are going to sell it as a convention exclusive in japan this month... I'm thinking these guys have been chilling on ice in a hot toys warehouse for a while

I wonder what the odds are of HT making another one of these as an exclusive in 1/4 scale when the inevitable 1/4 regular Stormtrooper goes up for order.

I'm curious if they will actually make that January 2015 release date. I'm curious why the big gap between this and the regular troopers. It's basically the same mold and actually has a couple extra added bits to it. Wish I could make sense of the way they handle the production queues on these things...

I still suspect this figure is testing the waters.. so HT have some hard numbers on which to base their production run estimate, for the regular Stormy.

Don't regret not preordering. With the gathering storm of HT Star Wars I need to be selective for the sake of my bank balance. And while cool, this isn't an essential piece.

Let's face it, it wasn't on anyone's wish list or radar until it was unveiled.

Some shots from Toy Soul.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418009114034.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418009114034.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 239
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418009123412.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418009123412.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 238
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418009130162.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418009130162.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 239
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418009137414.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418009137414.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 238
Yes, it is from the EU. Are hot toys figures slighter smaller than Sideshow or is that now fixed?

Back