1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spec list:

KWqbwGT.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS
  • PRODUCT CODE: DX23
  • PRODUCT NAME: LUKE SKYWALKER™ (DELUXE VERSION)
  • HEIGHT APPROXIMATELY: 28 CM TALL
  • POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS: 30
  • SPECIAL FEATURES: BATTLE DAMAGED DARK TROOPER BUST WITH LED LIGHT-UP FUNCTION, MOFF GIDEON’S LIGHT CRUISER HOLOGRAM, HOLOPROJECTOR
  • ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A
    HEAD PAINTED BY N/A
    HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A

The 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker™ (Deluxe Version) Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: The Mandalorian
- Newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs features
- Highly-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture
- Newly developed brown hair sculpture with magnetic features
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 28 cm tall
- Ten (10) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands for holding lightsaber
- Three (3) pairs of gesture hands
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) black colored Jedi cloak
- One (1) black colored long sleeve suit
- One (1) black colored tunic
- One (1) under belt
- One (1) black colored belt
- One (1) pair of black colored arm wraps
- One (1) pair of black colored pants
- One (1) pair of black colored boots

Weapons:
- One (1) LED-lighted green lightsaber (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) green lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
- One (1) lightsaber hilt

Accessories:
- One (1) battle damaged Dark Trooper bust with LED light-up function (3 lighting modes; battery operated)
- One (1) 1/6th scale Grogu collectible figure (Approximately 6cm tall; with articulated function)
- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable hands for Grogu (Includes force-using hands and relax hands)
- One (1) themed backdrop
- Specially designed figure stand with Star Wars logo and character nameplate

Exclusive Bonus Accessories for Special Edition:
- One (1) Moff Gideon’s light cruiser hologram
- One (1) holoprojector

*** Exclusive to Deluxe Version

Release date: Approximately Q4, 2022 – Q1, 2023

*Prototype shown is not final. Pending licensor approval.
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required
***Power required for LED light up function in Dark Trooper bust
****Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2021 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

225977919_10158164048427344_7562738507965245379_n.jpg

wXu8JsI.jpg
2xRNdjX.jpg

I’m disheartened in seeing this is being sold as a DX, without a R2 to boot.

there is a underwhelming amount of stuff in this compared to DX lines I have seen previously.

Hope it’s reasonably priced due to this. 😂

I’m disheartened in seeing this is being sold as a DX, without a R2 to boot.

there is a underwhelming amount of stuff in this compared to DX lines I have seen previously.

Hope it’s reasonably priced due to this. 😂
The DX label really doesn't mean anything anymore. Hot Toys slaps it onto figures that they give the separated moving eye feature too and that's it.

It no longer means anything more than that. Luke + Grogu + Dark Trooper + R2 would have been an awesome package but nope. Gotta resell R2 in the near future for another $250.

PD1350386053SUK-e1600870797702.jpg

Looks like HT saves the day again.
I missed out on the other lukes, and badly need one for my ESB Vader.

Although I hope they sell a standard version, I don't need the damaged dark trooper.

There are 4 versions.

Standard (No Trooper)
Standard Special Edition (Hologram)
Deluxe (Trooper)
Deluxe Special Edition (Trooper and Hologram)

The DX label really doesn't mean anything anymore. Hot Toys slaps it onto figures that they give the separated moving eye feature too and that's it.

It no longer means anything more than that. Luke + Grogu + Dark Trooper + R2 would have been an awesome package but nope. Gotta resell R2 in the near future for another $250.

PD1350386053SUK-e1600870797702.jpg
This one came out before I started collecting. I hope it gets a reissue.

But yeah, that’s leagues above the current offerings.

I do like the crushed Trooper, I want more of that kinda stuff with the figures…. But it’s not enough for a DX upgrade.

Nice to see this, was quite an unexpected surprise seeing this after the conventions before didn't show him.
I’d be interested to see this head sculpt with some of the previous HT Luke hair pieces if they are compatible: the ROTJ, Bespin DX07, or even the ANH hair piece. It might be worth picking up the head sculpt if it looks better since I’m not interested in the entirety of the figure.
This is what I'm curious about as well. I only want to have one Luke in my display, which is his ROTJ look.
Based on these prototype pics, I still prefer the ROTJ sculpt, but it could be the hair throwing this one off for me, and this might look better in production. And I like the greater versatility moving eyes give to poses. While I have alternatives, the gloved hands are also nice to haves.
Given that I only have one figure on pre-order at the moment, I might get this just to see the options, mix and match, and then sell off the rest. Certainly easier than trying to get this sculpt and the gloves via toyanxiety.

Never in a million years did I think I would pose this with the hood down but the arms folded hood down look is just incredible.

Awesome. Now I don't feel that bad about having to sell my ROTJ Luke earlier this year. Couldn't keep any of my star wars figures except for ROTJ Boba Fett but luckily besides for ROTS Anakin and Obi I should be able to get a cooler newer version of each figure. I'm hyped!

Not for me, but this figure looks amazing with the hood up. The costume in general has a bit of a Maul vibe, not a bad thing.

I wasn’t going to order at first but I think the movable eyes will help capture the redone hamill cgi that was used on the Mandalorian.

I’m glad they didn’t just use the old ROTJ Luke head and called it the new deluxe Jedi version

I’ll be ordering

but seriously..2022-2023 release :banghead

I'm surprised Sideshow isn't putting this up today. So far just that weird Spiderman wearing the Dr. Strange cape.

Personally enjoying the reveals, but overwhelmed by the amount of figures. It’s actually making it easier for me to pass on most them and keep my Mando shelf to just a couple of versions. Space and budget going to filling out my LOTR collection.

Went into Mando collecting being budget minded (lol). With the long delays working to not order a fig until funds are available to get a gift card and mostly pay at purchase$$$$. With the LOTR figs, too, at least u know they are limited production (ASMUS).

Passing on this; tho kinda irritated seems to have the first Grogu with articulated arms, which should've been at least with the Beskar Mando. If I ever get a Luke I'd like a new farmboy version. Personally didn't need the character to be "redeemed" to me, to me he will always be the farmboy looking at the twin suns who then through in to fight the Empire and claim his destiny as a Jedi. Sloppy movie making isn't gonna change that.

The more I look at it the more tempted I am. That pose would be awesome and would always remind of Luke being awesome in the mando

Back