1/6 Hot Toys Disney Maleficent - Angelina Jolie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys. I'm all new to Hot Toys and this one is the first one I'm getting from them. Price of 158£ is good, since I got it for 139£ from Japan but it's quite possible I'll pay some additional custom services and it will be about the same. When I saw first pics of actual figure wanted to cancel my preorder but Dean convinced me. She looks good...

Hi guys. I'm all new to Hot Toys and this one is the first one I'm getting from them. Price of 158£ is good, since I got it for 139£ from Japan but it's quite possible I'll pay some additional custom services and it will be about the same. When I saw first pics of actual figure wanted to cancel my preorder but Dean convinced me. She looks good...

There are cheaper alternatives, or at least there WAS cheaper alternatives in the UK until they all "sold out". £144 is the cheapest I've seen, within the UK but you can't buy it now and stock isn't expected here until March at the earliest.

Online guy says she is due in Canada in less than 2 weeks....very excited!

Well that's not much cheaper and once is over 100 I don't care much about 10£ up or down.

Thanks Rory :duff

You won't be disappointed. I'm very pleased with her.

I'm sure you are rigth lol.. The only thing that is stoping me for buying it is the actual pre orders that I have.. No more money available to spend :(

I finally was able to watch the movie last night and it was really good. Now I must own this. I have some cash laying around and also trying to sell some things so hopefully I can pick this up when it comes in stock.

I finally was able to watch the movie last night and it was really good. Now I must own this. I have some cash laying around and also trying to sell some things so hopefully I can pick this up when it comes in stock.

You have plenty of time. I don't think this will sell out anytime soon.

You have plenty of time. I don't think this will sell out anytime soon.

Agreed! I have a feeling this one may sit around for a while. But you never know it could surprise us! They could have reduced the quantities based upon preorder numbers. I imagine she would be really popular in Asia though.

Nice photo's and review guys but I still am not seeing more doll than Jolie in the head sculpt. IMO Hot toys should be likeness then doll. Thats what makes the company unique. Thats why we pay the big dollars!!

Well at first it looked bit off on some pics, but now in these videos she's very realistic...as much as sth can be with those cheekbones. They did a very good job. She has much better face than any other female character.

By the photos and videos i'll be pleased. I'll pick her up soon. She really is well done.

Nice photo's and review guys but I still am not seeing more doll than Jolie in the head sculpt. IMO Hot toys should be likeness then doll. Thats what makes the company unique. Thats why we pay the big dollars!!

I actually feel the opposite. The doll nature of it washed away once I finally saw proper reviews and photos. The tailoring and detail of it look nice.

Here is again a new reiview from YouTube. The lightening is to bright, so the head looks again very doll like.

Video Review of the Hot Toys: Maleficent - YouTube

I don't think it's so much that the light is "too bright". It's that any light really that makes it so shadows aren't formed, will make the portrait look a little "off". It seems that instead of putting any sort of paint detail to bring those high cheeks out as the actual actress seemed to have, Hot Toys relied on real shadows to give that same look. It doesn't work as successfully. Even in normal lighting it's not the best.

I don't think it's so much that the light is "too bright". It's that any light really that makes it so shadows aren't formed, will make the portrait look a little "off". It seems that instead of putting any sort of paint detail to bring those high cheeks out as the actual actress seemed to have, Hot Toys relied on real shadows to give that same look. It doesn't work as successfully. Even in normal lighting it's not the best.

It is a shame on the lack of shading, I think under my lighting setup you should be able to catch the shadows. I still think this is one of the more intriguing figure releases as of late, it is such a strong character.

The movie has a lot of mixed reviews. Personally I loved it for its simple plot and I thought Maleficent was a good character. Being a huge disney buff that probably sways me into liking it more than I should. I also hate the mass amounts of cgi...enough of that hollywood!! I really hope with the new Star Wars going a more practical route that it will push us I go a new age where practical effects and CG go hand in hand.

Guess that's the idea...how a face of a real person doesn't have same shading under every light. If they would paint it more it would be doll like for sure. And in the last video light is 2 bright and no one has such a bright light in a room, especially not during the day. What I don't like is how thin fabric on her gown is. They went cheap on it, considering what type of suit's other figures got...still she is good and worth of it.

Now the proud owner of one of these, looks brilliant in real life. There's something special about it and it's hard to put it into words.

VERY well done.

Back