1/6 Hot Toys - Batman v Superman - Batman (2.0) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leg shape is less accurate than 1.0 though. Do people even care about accuracy on these things?

The more you look at it, the more it seems like HT just did a stylized take of what's in their mind and didn't look at reference this time.
We love glorified things there :monkey3 :monkey1

Love these two shots. So realistic and lifelike.

IMG_9509.jpeg

IMG_9508.jpeg

I dont see that much of an improvement over the Suicide Squad version I have. For some reason, the body looks worse. Reminds me of the initial Arkham City pics where he looked too thick, but was eventually improved.

Will wait for In Art before deciding

Leg shape is less accurate than 1.0 though. Do people even care about accuracy on these things?

The more you look at it, the more it seems like HT just did a stylized take of what's in their mind and didn't look at reference this time.
This pudgy Bats has more in common with Miller's illustrations than Batfleck himself.

I don't know why Hot Toys doesn't put their figure up against the movie promos, it's obvious they're missing the mark. Yes, Batfleck has a ridiculously broad upper body, but he still has a tapered waist, defined quads, and narrow knees.

And even Hot Toys' arms are inaccurate. Batfleck's shoulders and biceps are pretty chiseled, they have a more angular silhouette. Heck, look at the bicep veins! That's a hard line right there. Anyone know why they don't approach this guy the same way they do Superman (hard plastic)?

I feel like they looked at the mods people made to the original release and based the 2.0 on those -- instead of just making a figure that looks more like the source material.

1702316938713.jpeg

Last edited:
This is fine for me. I will be selling my JL's version as I always preferred this look. I'm a Batman collector but these movies totally and utterly sucked. I like FATman in BvS. It was honestly the only redeemable thing about that *********** of a film. That is of course until Martha. Oh well.

I will not pay 1K for something I really did not care for too much, and I'm assunming inart will be that much for the "get it all package". The HT version will do just fine.

Last edited:
It would’ve been done if they’d gave him a swap-out forearm with an LED Bat Brand - similar to how they’re doing lightsabers for their Star Wars figures. Hopefully InArt does one.
36ahhoxl62q61.jpg

This pudgy Bats has more in common with Miller's illustrations than Batfleck himself.
I don't know why Hot Toys doesn't put their figure up against the movie promos, it's obvious they're missing the mark. Yes, Batfleck has a ridiculously broad upper body, but he still has a tapered waist, defined quads, and narrow knees.

And even Hot Toys' arms are inaccurate. Batfleck's shoulders and biceps are pretty chiseled, they have a more angular silhouette. Heck, look at the bicep veins! That's a hard line right there. Anyone know why they don't approach this guy the same way they do Superman (hard plastic)?

I feel like they looked at the mods people made to the original release and based the 2.0 on those -- instead of just making a figure that looks more like the source material.

View attachment 677887

I really don’t think Hot Toys looks at references. They’ve always done an “artistic interpretation” instead of replicating what’s actually there. Most recent example is the Green Gobin. They made that helmet so narrow, it reminds me of their Stormtrooper helmets. Clearly they are opposed to using actual scans of which there are many of out there.

We can give them the benefit of the doubt for their first version (and the Suicide Squad one) due to lack of references, but there is no excuse 8 years later.

InArt is going to crush this.

View attachment 677887
Funny how the best BvS Batman figure is still the slightly modified Hot Toys Batman 1.0 + Zhao's cowl.

How did they go backwards in terms of the suit and body? Maybe they'll get it right on the 3.0 they do in 5 years.

IC0oQfH.png

Last edited:
It's like they looked at all the ref for a few minutes, then never looked at it again and tried to make it from memory.

Do we know who sculpted the new cowled head? It looks a lot like the one Unreal Customs came out with earlier this year.

You guys can nitpick this all you want or say Inart will be better. While I don't deny that this will still be a good release and it's actually great to see HT doing a 2.0 because I would have waited for InArt knowing we might not have gotten this. With that I believe HT will do 2.0 of Superman from BvS later to go up against InArts. I'm here for it as it gives us more options and competition is great in the hobby.

It looks great as an upgrade from their first release.

But you just know Inart will come out and kill it with their proportions and better textiles. Old me would be over the moon with this, but the proportions are definitely all wrong. More muscle mass isn't the solution, it actually needs a specially designed body for his musculature.

Pass for me, but a solid release for those who just want to stick with Hot Toys.

I woke up to to this unexpected and welcomed announcement. 😀 Now I may spend my SSC point's, I’m considering both versions with one to modify. 🤔

Back