1/6 Hot Toys - Batman: Arkham Asylum: The Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I agree 100%. After MOS came out, I kept hoping they would take inspiration from the Arkham games for the depiction of Batman and Gotham in the movies.

Hopefully with the DCU being "revamped" they'll finally go in that direction.
Yeah I agree, after BVS when I saw they were trying to be more true to the comics while not being extremely ridiculous in live action, I thought we would see them go in a more Arkham direction. They sort of have with the universe as a whole, but we haven't seen enough of Batmans side.

I don't want to beat a dead horse here but David Ayer's interpretation of the Joker is a real sore spot that messes it all up. Harley Quinn isn't perfect either, but she's still pretty spot on for the most part. I hope they give her a red and black outfit akin to the Arkham games (jester wouldn't really work). I'm disappointed with Killer Croc as well but you could also have him mutate and evolve. The problem with Joker is he's way too far off the ball that if you want to bring him back as a more comic accurate take, it will either be a jarring shift or the punk is a fake Joker. At this point I can accept either if we get a way better version.

Not everything has to be like the comics or like Arkham or whatever; in fact I like seeing new interpretations of the source material (that goes for anything, not just DC). It's an issue when you go too far and lose what fundamentally makes the character though.

Joker. I don't think they can ever get him right in live-action. I wasn't even a fan of Ledger's Joker. The performance/acting was great, but he was an anarchist, and not really crazy, not really the Joker. I'm starting to think that the personality, and even the look of the Joker is simply too extreme to convey in live-action without looking hokey, or cheesy, or ridiculous. I didn't mind Leto/Ayer version, so much as it was simply disappointing.

Joker. I don't think they can ever get him right in live-action. I wasn't even a fan of Ledger's Joker. The performance/acting was great, but he was an anarchist, and not really crazy, not really the Joker. I'm starting to think that the personality, and even the look of the Joker is simply too extreme to convey in live-action without looking hokey, or cheesy, or ridiculous. I didn't mind Leto/Ayer version, so much as it was simply disappointing.

Have you seen Gotham? Their Joker is the closest to the classic comic/Mark Hamill version with a tinge of Nicholson and Ledger. It’s likd 4 Jokers in one! Really impressive stuff.

I stand by the statement that the only two people who could bring Hamill's Joker to screen are Willem Dafoe or Troy Baker.
Im surprised how Willem have not been cast yet. He is born to play the role.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - VGM - Batman: Arkham Asylum: The Joker Collectible Figure

Willem-Dafoe-cast-as-the-Joker.png
https://www.superrobotmayhem.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Willem-Dafoe-cast-as-the-Joker.png

Last edited:

https://www.superrobotmayhem.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Willem-Dafoe-cast-as-the-Joker.png
Absolute perfection, and he has the acting chops to do it.

Yet unfortunately we ended up with a discount Joker....
8145a08bb858afbc92fcdc690e7c2865.jpg

Dafoe would've been good 20 years ago, unless they ever go with a full-on Dark Knight Returns movie.

Troy would be interesting, but has he ever acted outside of VA?

I still think Leto could've been great, and it was the direction that ruined him. He's a great actor.

Just look at this ****.

a3dzzjuvpj8adb1azqzg-620x349.jpg

Last edited:

Dafoe would've been good 20 years ago, unless they ever go with a full-on Dark Knight Returns movie.

Troy would be interesting, but has he ever acted outside of VA?

I still think Leto could've been great, and it was the direction that ruined him. He's a great actor.

Just look at this ****.

View attachment 390107

I would disagree - I have always seen the Joker as older than Batman. Or at least it seems to feel that way. I think Origins is the only time I've felt them to be similar in age. With Makeup on, Dafoe could easily still capture the range that works.

As far as Troy goes - I don't think he has. But that being said, he does nearly all the motion capture for games while performing the lines. At that point it basically is acting, so I don't think there would be a problem having him step in.

Controversial, but I don't think we could have ever had Mark Hamill actually play the Joker on camera. That's where Baker comes in, his emulation of Hamill is pretty great and he could pull the look with a good make up team.

I've always wanted Walton Goggins as the Joker, he would be awesome.

Not something I would have considered, but totally would work in tone. Visually I'm not sure, but he could do crazy no question.

I think Andy Serkis would be a great Joker, love his voice... and I know this opinion will be unpopular but Johnny Depp in Black Mass made me think he could do an excellent job.

I wasn't a big fan of Leto's Joker but he was better than Ledger imo, I really hate that dude on Gotham though, ugh.

Woah woah what!?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I always thought Ledger was a try hard, so is Leto but he had the accurate personality traits... I agree with Sardu, Ledgers Joker I felt was just an anarchist with clown makeup, not really the Joker

Back