1/6 Hot Toys - Batman: Arkham Asylum: The Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, two questions:

1. Still no release in HK?

2. Would this look decent next to the first HT Batfleck figure?

Re: Hot Toys - VGM - Batman: Arkham Asylum: The Joker Collectible Figure

Any updates on release for this figure?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This could drop at any moment :panic:

I'm hoping it will release in Hong Kong this week or next but we may need to wait until March due to Chinese New year

This could drop at any moment :panic:

I'm hoping it will release in Hong Kong this week or next but we may need to wait until March due to Chinese New year

Damn, how long does Chinese new year last?

As well as this the 1/4 scale Batman Begins and Joker figures are due for February release. Hope they aren't all delayed.

So, two questions:

1. Still no release in HK?

2. Would this look decent next to the first HT Batfleck figure?

As far as the second question. It's a cool figure, but it would look noticeably "unrealistic" compared to Batfleck. Meaning, the face would be videogame/cartoonish compared to the realistic skin/eyes/facial features of Batfleck. Some collectors don't care about that sort of thing, some do. But it would be like having the Sideshow Catwoman posed with Batfleck. You can probably find pictures of that pairing on google somewhere...

Damn, how long does Chinese new year last?

As well as this the 1/4 scale Batman Begins and Joker figures are due for February release. Hope they aren't all delayed.

I think its a full month :lol Now whether or not Hot Toys will take the month off I don't know, maybe they planned for this and will do steady announcements and releases through the month.

Aren't the 1/4 figures due in Q2?

Re: Hot Toys - VGM - Batman: Arkham Asylum: The Joker Collectible Figure

I have no issue putting this with Batfleck and it's been my intent to do so all along. But I've been convinced to get the Arkham Knight Bats, so he'll inevitably end up next to him.

I love all the Arkham character designs apart from Batman ironically. I may well end up using one of my Affleck figures with this Joker. I just hope HT release a lot more characters from this line as Prime 1 have done. Harley, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, Deathstroke, Robin...the more the better.

I'd love to see Hot Toys make an Arkham Asylum Batman after this, with a suit like their new BvS Batman - complete with wear and tear.

JlBl9lD.png

A fist with explosive gel on the knuckle would be nice too. :pray:

That looks nice! I liked the Arkham City figure but what puts me off buying it is how far his arms sit from his sides. Looks impossible to get a natural looking position.

I love all the Arkham character designs apart from Batman ironically. I may well end up using one of my Affleck figures with this Joker. I just hope HT release a lot more characters from this line as Prime 1 have done. Harley, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, Deathstroke, Robin...the more the better.
Some say Prime 1 is the reason HT are making the Arkhamverse characters in the first place :lol

Ya, if Hot Toys did all the characters, and a new version of the Arkham Asylum Bats, I would be in for the entire line. Slightly grungy, gritty character designs notwithstanding, I still think that Arkham Asylum and Arkham City games are just about the best representation of Batman outside of the comics (and the Animated Series).

Ya, if Hot Toys did all the characters, and a new version of the Arkham Asylum Bats, I would be in for the entire line. Slightly grungy, gritty character designs notwithstanding, I still think that Arkham Asylum and Arkham City games are just about the best representation of Batman outside of the comics (and the Animated Series).
Yeah I agree 100%. After MOS came out, I kept hoping they would take inspiration from the Arkham games for the depiction of Batman and Gotham in the movies.

Hopefully with the DCU being "revamped" they'll finally go in that direction.

And if you haven't seen it, Virtual Devil on youtube showed his custom Arkham figures.... pretty sick collection!
https://youtu.be/3crM0ZCOTGA
Wow! That collection is absolutely insane!! The fact that all of those are customs just blows me away; the quality and attention to detail is outstanding and they look so good. Thanks for sharing the video; I really enjoyed seeing his collection. Very lucky guy.

Yeah I love the Arkham universe and it's character designs. They essentially brought realism and a little bit of grit to those characters while still being very comicbooky. Kind of like what Nolan did, except Nolan leans much more to the grounded side while the Arkhamverse leans more to the outrageous comicbook side, but both are doing the same type of thing to an extent. Some of those Arkham characters are my favourite interpretations of said character, period.

Back