1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I understand why they made the scout design, stormtroopers cant bent their torsos at all. Look how strait up he's sitting. Original handelbars look like they rose up a lot higher as well.
Yeah the ROTJ stormie costumes had a solid plate for ab+crotch and lower back+butt, so would have been hard for an actor to get into crazy bike rider positions.

Guys, I have read that people are pointing out the reuse of the Mandalorian scout helmet, but on closer inspection it's very subtle the rotj has a slight curve to the visor peak as it should whereas the Mando visor is completely horizontal.
They may have reused some parts for the helmet but the peak/bill is definitely different.

I don't think there's any doubt the speeder is better than SS version and although that helmet-gap is a bit of an eyesore, I might have to get this. Such an iconic scene and it seems like these OT releases are getting further apart.

Guys, I have read that people are pointing out the reuse of the Mandalorian scout helmet, but on closer inspection it's very subtle the rotj has a slight curve to the visor peak as it should whereas the Mando visor is completely horizontal.
They may have reused some parts for the helmet but the peak/bill is definitely different.
That's correct. Visor peak is a new mold.

Just an observation from jedhapatrol video.
IMG_20220713_145624.jpg

I can see Hot Toys triple-dipping on the speeder-bike, releasing an "Endor Luke w/Speeder-Bike" and even an "Endor Leia w/Speeder-bike". (Getting the most out of the molds, as well as the previously released figures...)
I woundn't mind that! I skipped on the Luke and Leia because I was only collecting from ESB but after getting the snowspeeder Luke it made me want to get the ROTJ version.

Some of the Biker/Scout Troopers had that gap on the side.

Maybe we can see it as 'movie accurate'.

gap.jpg
I think it's fine, the snowspeeder luke helmet strap was also placed differently, so it could be accurate in one scene but inaccurate in another.

I wonder if the old Tomy helmet is accurate in size and detail? Seems some people used it back in the day to make their own and the helmet actually flipped up to reveal the head like the real helmets did.
76AEB97C-9EBD-4D96-90CC-BAABA5E68C47.jpeg

Attachments

• A1CFA31C-1F17-449D-BDF1-631609404F95.jpeg
    A1CFA31C-1F17-449D-BDF1-631609404F95.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DAE3AF13-7581-433A-BB23-0C32A7E4241F.jpeg
    DAE3AF13-7581-433A-BB23-0C32A7E4241F.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 502E1CD1-9E7C-4417-AA84-A57A4052D700.jpeg
    502E1CD1-9E7C-4417-AA84-A57A4052D700.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0
I can see Hot Toys triple-dipping on the speeder-bike, releasing an "Endor Luke w/Speeder-Bike" and even an "Endor Leia w/Speeder-bike". (Getting the most out of the molds, as well as the previously released figures...)
Hello 40th anniversary of rotj. All reissues

Back