1/6 hasbro custom Speeder Bike finally started... Updated with new pics...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snazaro

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello to all fellow collectors,,,

I just wanted to share a few pictures with you of my latest project.

As you will be aware it was jubilee weekend over in the UK and a joyful time was being had by all. Weather was something to be desired so I thought I would catch it all on TV. This meant a few days of sat indoors so being me had to occupy my time with other things too in the remits. I dug out my old Hasbro Speeder bike that I had picked up a year or so ago and went to work. Dusted down my airbrush, picked up a couple of jars of Tamiya paint and with a few extra bits from around my house finally and completed my custom speeder bike. I am currently working on the biker scout who at this time is in many different parts but after a few days of work the bike is complete and awaiting its rider.

The pics are not great and will post better when I have more light but please tell me what you think as its always good to hear from fellow star wars and custom fans.

Kind regards from the UK..

Snaz

photoJPG6.jpg

photo.jpg

photoJPG1.jpg

photoJPG7.jpg

photoJPG5.jpg

photoJPG3.jpg

photoJPG2.jpg

photoJPG8.jpg

photoJPG4.jpg

photoJPG9.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 hasbro custom Speeder Bike finally started...

Very nice job. The Hasbro bike is a great one!

One of Hasbro's finest SW item. Too bad they couldn't make figures of equal quality.

great work on the bike.......:clap

if you need ideas for the trooper itself a number of us bashed him using the tomy helmet & some custom things like pouches & gun holsters. just search this section a bit & you will find a bunch of pics.

Looking good man :)

I used a kotobukiya statue and cut it up to use for my biker and made a custom base for the bike.

I like it a lot!

Hello to all fellow freaks....

Can I just say a big thank you for your kind words about my custom speeder bike… Will post better pics soon.

Currently all is going well with the scout himself. But for one issue. How ever much I think about it the Hasro head is just wrong wrong wrong. Does anyone know where (Apart from the BAY) that I could acquire a Tomy mini helmet? I have been searching hi and low but no luck. Or if anyone has one going I would be more than happy to discuss a good price.

Crimson Bob gave me the idea of using a kotobukiya statue (Many thanks for that). How easy is it to work on and what is it made of? Will I only be able to salvage the helmet or are other parts good to use? I have seen one for sale but do I want to pay mega money just for a statue that most of it will end up bin fodda.

Any advice would be most appreciated if any one has any ideas?

I have a HotToys true type ready for the body (articulation is great for sitting him on the bike and his feet reaching the pedals in a crouched position) . The armour has been totally stripped reinforced, repainted and ready to go. Black Swat jump suit has replaced the nice Hasbro lycra suit (he’s a scout not a dancer, lol). Pouches moulded and holster custom made on his boot.

So as you can see I’m nearly there and will post pics very soon for all interested when I manage to get this helmet sorted.

Kindest regard

Snaz

That bike looks great, super job on it. I look forward to seeing some pics once you have completed your Scout. :)

It was a bit tricky but workable and i could only use the helmet, body armour, shoulder pads, knee pads, gun, and the boot holster which i glued to some boots.

It took me several hours to cut it all out and i had to make some new straps. I used sideshow praji modified gloves, a black swat type suit and dragon boots repainted. The main thing was getting a decent cumberbund, i was lucky to get 1 of vivisect (an old member) before he disappeared :(

Tbh i would wait for sideshow to make 1 as it would be alot easier, but you may have to wait 8 months or a year or so. There are other versions about on the forum that might be cheaper and easier for now.

If you just need a helmet pm dorgmal snow he might still have a cast. Or if need be and i have enough silicone i can cast mine for you.

Check out this old thread maybe it will give you some help :)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67010&page=4

Last edited:

Hello to all fellow collectors and customises.

I just wanted to post an update on my Biker Scout project. He is finally finished after trying to find time between other customs and jobs I needed to complete over the summer break here in the UK.

Well I say he is finished, all I have left to do is weather him but I thought I would post a few pictures of him looking like he is just out of scout school before the final touches and he comes to rest on his bike.

I have also posted a few pics of the process and items I used to complete him for anyone interested and am happy to answer any questions on the custom?

Items used:

Hasbro Scout Trooper armour customised and sprayed gloss white.
Cumber band was Hasbro but modified and Apoxie sculpt bags modelled.
Custom shoulder armour cast and made from Apoxie sculpt and sprayed gloss white.
DiD body.
DiD Russell Franklyn head sculpt customised to fit in helmet.
Tomy mini helmet sprayed gloss white.
Action Man Swat Team black boiler suit
Dragon boots customised with Apoxie sculpt for holster and sprayed gloss white.
Dragon gloves customised with Apoxie sculpt for the knuckle protectors and sprayed satin black.
Utility belt made from real material with 1/6 scale 5mm buckles.

Apoxie Sculpt is one of the best tools ever for custom work. If you have never used or heard of this I would be happy to share just how amazing this stuff is... Or do a whole thread if one has nopt been done?
jjd.jpg

Items moulded and modelled using the sculpt.
nmjfdjh.jpg

Shoulder armour moulded and ready for sanding.
rhdd.jpg

Armour customised and all gaps filled in with Apoxie, sanded and sprayed gloss white.
hdh.jpg

jf.jpg

Holster started using Apoxie on boots before spraying.
hgfh.jpg

The man himself just weathering to finish.
DSCF1016.jpg

DSCF10082.jpg

DSCF10052.jpg

DSCF1004.jpg

DSCF1003.jpg

DSCF10012.jpg

DSCF10092.jpg

DSCF10132.jpg

DSCF10142.jpg

DSCF10172.jpg

Back