1:6 figures - as good as they look?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked out that site you mentioned and they actually had them in stock so I ordered one. I felt more comfortable getting it from there now that I heard you received yours and we're happy with it.
Congrats on this purchase. This figure was my first as well and one of the figures that made me decide to jump into collecting at this scale. It's still one of my favorites. Couldn't be happier with the quality of these figures and the decision.

I've got a mix of both Sideshow and Hot Toys. As others have said, wait to see the reaction in hand on some figures that may have quality control issues and for Sideshow, human portraits, since their quality in that department is still a work in progress.

Welcome to the forum and hobby! :duff:

I wish they would have included a waist grabber stand for the figure. I normally prefer the crotch grabber stands, but this time the stand gets in the way. The skirt of the figure has to go over the stand and this causes it to get pulled outward a little in the back. It isn't a lot, but it would have been nice to be able to futz the skirt part better after the figure was on the stand.

You could try swapping out the top portion with one of the newer style grabbers that came with Hoth Luke/Han and other recent figs. They don't stick out as far back -- you just made me think to do this too as that always bugged me a bit--Ol big butt snowtrooper.

Congrats on this purchase. This figure was my first as well and one of the figures that made me decide to jump into collecting at this scale. It's still one of my favorites. Couldn't be happier with the quality of these figures and the decision.

I've got a mix of both Sideshow and Hot Toys. As others have said, wait to see the reaction in hand on some figures that may have quality control issues and for Sideshow, human portraits, since their quality in that department is still a work in progress.

You could try swapping out the top portion with one of the newer style grabbers that came with Hoth Luke/Han and other recent figs. They don't stick out as far back -- you just made me think to do this too as that always bugged me a bit--Ol big butt snowtrooper.
Thanks for the idea. I'll have to look for one of those and give it a try.

Thank you! I'm really getting pumped up about this hobby. I know I will end up with figures from both SS and HT. I think it's unavoidable. And since I'm focusing on troopers, I think I'll be ok.

I'm hoping HT 3PO and R2 are diecast.

The first figure I received when I entered the hobby was the Sideshow R2, which I liked at first; but after adding several HT figures to my collection it's obvious HT has the upper hand in design and quality. For the price the SS R2 is a nice addition to my robot collection but if/when HT releases an R2, I'm sure it'll far surpass SS's example.

Ok, sounds good. That would be better than me buying another stand at a guess.

Here you go the top right is the smaller grabber. Bottom right is the original one. The ones I have came with the Hoth figures, which have pretty cool bases that look great with the snowtrooper.
7ea17b50d136c2533f91ca45d7bf39b1.jpg

Here you go the top right is the smaller grabber. Bottom right is the original one. The ones I have came with the Hoth figures, which have pretty cool bases that look great with the snowtrooper.
7ea17b50d136c2533f91ca45d7bf39b1.jpg
Thank you for the pics. The Hoth bases definitely look better. I may have to pick up one of those soon.

Back