1/6 Diorama Bricks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can always pour the plaster as one big piece and as it dries or after its dry, carve the detail.

I've done bricks before:

50wall.jpg

I have a mold that was created and does 50 at a time. It's time consuming to do and with dry time I can usually only do a batch per day.

I've seen others use sheetrock to make bricks. Not as strong as plaster, but they'll work.

The $.20 per brick might seem expensive, but if you can only do X amount per day, plus everything involved, then to sell them you need to maximize what you can get. The real pain in the ass is spending the time to get the air bubbles out of the poured bricks.

John

What about just flattening out a big piece of clay with a cookie roller then cutting it with a large straight edge then bake it?? Paint them once they are baked??

The liquid that they use for coloring bricks (Quik-crete brand?) works well for coloring. Mix it with the water then add that to the plaster powder. There's different colors, red, tan, black, slate blue and a few others. Mixing batches of different shades works well.

John

I've done bricks before:

50wall.jpg

I have a mold that was created and does 50 at a time. It's time consuming to do and with dry time I can usually only do a batch per day.

I've seen others use sheetrock to make bricks. Not as strong as plaster, but they'll work.

The $.20 per brick might seem expensive, but if you can only do X amount per day, plus everything involved, then to sell them you need to maximize what you can get. The real pain in the ass is spending the time to get the air bubbles out of the poured bricks.

John

These look great!

Back