1/6 COMMANDO/REDHEAT/DIEHARD/BEYONDTHELAW/FIGHTCLUB ~ elämän merimies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 COMMANDO John Matrix ~ elämän merimies WIP Custom kitbash

Awesome, did you dye the vest? Is it not green originally? Thanks
yes and no. The vest is green, but as it's synthetic it wont dye that easily (to my knowledge there are some dyeing product that work with synthetic materials, but I really dont know the details). So, I just used a black permanent textile marker to color it... and yes I only colored the outside surface, as there are some possibly corrosive incredients in the textile marker pen. So it should be noted that, if you plan on doing anything like this, you should be sure to wash the cloth repeatedly after coloring it.
I myself had a few minor incident with the color (from the vest) rubbing on to the arms, but somehow it all worked out...

thanks for the kind words everyone. I guess there is always room for improvement, but I tried my best with the parts I had.
I'm pleased with it, but there is constantly something I feel I could've done better/differently... but I guess that's just the dilemma of being... well, me :D

- - edit:

Thought I'd share this with all of you, as I just realized why it is that Commando intially became such an important film in my life. Due to the very strict Finnish video-law (1987–2000) the film was heavily cut (by several minutes) and I think it was even granted the title of being the-most-cut-videocassette available in that time (in Finland that is). I think Commando was one of the first VHS-tapes we had when I was a kid. Almost every bit of/indication towards violence was edited out, so I guess you could've shown it in a kindergarten with those edits :D and the rating was still a hard K-16. But even this heavily cut version had a tremendous influence on me. I mean, how cool does the gear-up scene look to a young boy? Very cool. So, finding an uncut copy became a bit of a quest for me...
I remember it taking several years before I could finally get my hands on an uncut bootleg copy with a very, very, very-very-very crappy picture and sound. Ironically TV wasn't influenced by the video-law later in the 90's and the film aired uncut from TV, making my quest somewhat unneccessary.

But that's the thing why I still sometimes feel so compelled with the film, my holy quest for that UNCUT Commando VHS-tape :D

Last edited:

elaman do you have pics of him on your display? would love to see it

Awesome work bro...if I had the extra funds I would try to do what you did...

By chance any more pics???

i heard hot toys is going to make a john matrix

Oh really? Now that would be GREAT! :yess: They've already released the Dutch Shaeffer from Predator. They've done the T2 T-800, they're about to do the Terminator 1 movie T-800. I can see the John Matrix from Commando as being the next Arnold figure. I hope it really is! Where did you hear this news? :dunno

Oh really? Now that would be GREAT! :yess: They've already released the Dutch Shaeffer from Predator. They've done the T2 T-800, they're about to do the Terminator 1 movie T-800. I can see the John Matrix from Commando as being the next Arnold figure. I hope it really is! Where did you hear this news? :dunno

i dont know how reliable...it was in the t1 sneak thread over at sf...a guy said theyre doing a matrix like i said who knows if its reliable...

i was just starting getting all the parts for a john matrix custom... :slap

That looks sick. Pose him right next to the Barney Ross coming out.

i heard hot toys is going to make a john matrix

i dont know how reliable...it was in the t1 sneak thread over at sf...a guy said theyre doing a matrix like i said who knows if its reliable...

i was just starting getting all the parts for a john matrix custom... :slap
Who knows, might have been someone referring to my custom, as these pics are also up on HT's facebook-page. Some people seem to have mistaken the WIP pic (of this figure), that Evilface posted on facebook (by the way sorry about my reaction Evil, I was just in a _____ty mood), as an official HT teaser? Some people just cant read you know. They see a pic and jump to conclusions. No matter that it said on the picture that it was a custom. The fact that the pic was later pulled has now made it a legend/rumour? Who knows...

But (as a commando/HT fan) I've heard nothing of such a thing being in process and if only one individual is repeating it, it's starting to sound just that, a rumour. I really (sadly) dont think we'll be seeing him as an official HT release. Would be great though, even if it means I would have wasted a lot of money...
But to make it happen, that would mean yet another big paycheck for Arnie for his likeness and another one to Fox... and as this movie isn't as huge/popular as some other Arnie classics it might not be worth the risk to HT. When I asked around in HT's facebook-page about the chances of seeing this figure, seems I even got many haters/much negative responce to my request? As in people wouldn't want to see it happen??? But hey, who knows I have inspired a lot of people to start their own John Matrix custom, so there's a chance I might have inspired even HT to make this into an official release :D haha...

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Sorry folks, as said I haven't been home that much lately, but I will be adding pics once I have the time. Because of the vest (bulky) there wont be alot of posing going on, just static pics I'm afraid... Thanks.

Last edited:

This figure looks absolutely AMAZING!!!!

Any chance of pics with vest off and posing with M60 or knife?

Any chance Hot Toys might do an official one of these?

Bravo!!! Awesome work on this guy! It really looks like it's made by HT! Congrats!

Watching matrix fight benett right now, i so want this figure, HT has already made the first couple of the most iconic Swarzenegger roles, next in line would be John Matrix then Ben Richards from running man.

Please take a pic of Matrix at the end shirtless with his knife fighting benett, pretty pls!!!!....

Watching matrix fight benett right now, i so want this figure, HT has already made the first couple of the most iconic Swarzenegger roles, next in line would be John Matrix then Ben Richards from running man.

Please take a pic of Matrix at the end shirtless with his knife fighting benett, pretty pls!!!!....

IMG_6601.jpg

"I live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!"

the_running_man_lg_239.jpg

Any chance of you selling it? Please?

Dont think so. Not without an obnoxious amount of money. You are not the first one to ask...
I've had so many offers, that with this kind of intrest, I'm thinking I could easily ask what ever I want for it.

One might call me an idiot for not selling, but that's not gonna happen at this time. Too much heart has gone into making this thing. But just maybe, the day I decide to sell my Hot Toys collection all-together, will Matrix go up for sale.

- -

Haven't been around that much lately.
Didn't realise there was still some life left in this thread. Now I might have to post some new pics :)

Back