1/6 Chaplin NEW INFO- 1/4/11 !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Film Fig for Private Commission

• Charlie Chaplin

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Charles Foster Kane (Citizen Kane)

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

siquisiri

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Companeros,
I've talked to two VERY professional customizers about putting together a group for a 10-15 figure run comission. I want to gauge how much interest their would be in order to go forward.

The Choices would be...

Last edited:
Re: Input for Comission on New Film Figure

Interest without a price point is only that. I can't say I'd be gung ho for either of these two guys for anything over $100.

Im saying thats the only way I could get really excited at the prospect of a Citizen Kane. The figure isn't really visually appealing but he also doesn't have the same presence as say a Godfather type guy in a suit. The movie had a giant impact on film but the character himself is not iconic in look, only name, and to most only because they have heard of the film which bears his name.

Chaplin on the other hand is visually much more appealing but its just not something I personally would care for right now in such a saturated market.

But what I mean is you may get 30 people interested for the figure, but if the price point turns out too high you may get stuck with a handful of these things so you should try to set a ballpark figure to get people more interested.

Lots and lots of people were interested in Beto's Joker clothes and only 8 have actually paid.

Im trying to keep costs REALLY low. Im sure it cant be done for under $100. The costume alone will require a custom shirt, necktie, vest, jacket, pants, ans shoes. The headsculpt and cane will be sculpted.

I would take any of these: Kirk Douglas, Burt Lancaster, Robert Mitchum. And you can dress them up in anything already made. I personally want a Kirk Douglas Paths of Glory (and use the Sideshow fig) Burt and Bob from any war movie or film Noir they did- or the ultimate would be a Robert Mitchum from Night of the Hunter. What do you guys think?

Im a WWI nut, so a Paths of Glory would be great. Its just too bad the SST gear accesibilty has dried up. This would be an easy bash.

As for the figure, Ive also gotten some emails. And it looks like the peeps like the idea of a Chaplin.
I already got an estimate from a great sculptor and im waiting for an estimate on the clothing.
I want to REALLY keep this cheap and accesible for all of you guys.

I'm most definitely interested in Chaplin. Would there possibly be an option for maybe just the head and cane, and maybe the shoes for those of us who might want to put together our own clothing?

I'm most definitely interested in Chaplin. Would there possibly be an option for maybe just the head and cane, and maybe the shoes for those of us who might want to put together our own clothing?

At this point Im not sure yet. But im hoping to keep costs as low as possible.

thanks

Looks like the winner is.......................

CharlieChaplin.jpg

Im still waiting on an estimate regarding the clothes. I will post ordering info ASAP

thanks

siquisiri

Re: 1/6 Charlie Chaplin Commision Thread!!! - Updates

I may be interested in this commission. I'm a Chaplin fan, so if I can afford it, I may try to get in on this one.

Re: 1/6 Charlie Chaplin Commision Thread!!! - Updates

Very interested to hear some specifics.

Back