1/6 Beatles Guitars, Drums, etc..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah I see, somewhere I misread the scale of 30 inches as the length. Still, the bridge end of the Hofner looks a little "long" to me.

Sean

Sean:

The "30 inch" is the scale length from the first fret to the bridge. The scale in this case refers to the harmonic used by luthiers to build stringed instruments like guitars and mandolins. As for the oversize on the Unclefat Hof... Yes, you're right the Unclefat guitar is bigger than a true 1/6 at the bridge end by about .25 inches and wider by .12 inches. But, that difference isn't enough to make me mod it.

Mike

Sean:

The "30 inch" is the scale length from the first fret to the bridge. The scale in this case refers to the harmonic used by luthiers to build stringed instruments like guitars and mandolins. As for the oversize on the Unclefat Hof... Yes, you're right the Unclefat guitar is bigger than a true 1/6 at the bridge end by about .25 inches and wider by .12 inches. But, that difference isn't enough to make me mod it.

Mike

Yeah, I know. Like I said, I misread 30 inch length somewhere, where I should have read 30 inch scale.

Sean

kool-aid-man.jpg

How can i order the hoff guitar?

Hello,

If anyone's interested in getting the Gretsch/Cassino style (George's Sullivan) style guitar, I've contacted Unclefat about a special order. I'll see what happens. Right now, he's got the closest 1/6th scale instruments around.

Mike

Hello,

If anyone's interested in getting the Gretsch/Cassino style (George's Sullivan) style guitar, I've contacted Unclefat about a special order. I'll see what happens. Right now, he's got the closest 1/6th scale instruments around.

Mike

My brother is definitely interested, count him in. thanks mike.

Also, anyone interested in my original 7 inch hand-detailed store-rooms hof for use as a standby/replacement in case unclefat can't get more, I have it listed on ebay here...

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300497248818&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Last edited:
Hello,

I got word from Unclefat. He can get the George Guitar but it'll be a special order. I'll find out what the minimum order is. And, maybe, ask about another run of Hofs.

Anyone else interested?

Mike

I'm interested in one of each, also if he can make the Tennesean or the Rickenbacker George used that will be great.

Here's the message I got from Unclefat:

"Normally, for a new model guitar with a new size production, minium at least 25 pcs to 30 pcs. If you can arrange a group of friends interested in the same model, we can arrange the production right away.

Best regards,
Michael"

Mike

I know I am a bit too late to catch these wonderful mini instruments.
Are those still available to purchase? and is there anywhere else selling them besides unclefat? i will really appreciate it, if somebody here can help me.

Back