1/6 Beatles Guitars, Drums, etc..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine from Unclefat Friday. At first glance, they look good. The color's redder than the Probadisk version but the size and everything else seems right. I'll have a better look in the office on Monday.

Mike

I got mine from Unclefat Friday. At first glance, they look good. The color's redder than the Probadisk version but the size and everything else seems right. I'll have a better look in the office on Monday.

Mike

Mike, does it have white edging?

There's a white pinstripe about a sixteenth inch off the edge. It's an easy fix to paint that to the edge.

Mike

Both.

It'll need a few changes to make it more noticeably realistic. The copper tuning keys and strings need to be painted silver. The head is brown, not navy blue/black and the body is bright cherry red, not a "burst" as in the mid 60s (natural cherry tapering to a dark cherry) or the dark cherry patina as in the late 60s (tinting it with a dark brown earth color should do the trick).

According to the Hofner company, that bass had a custom Hofner silver for the pinstripes along the edges, not white. Except for the strings and tuning keys, I probably won't go to that extent.

And for the non-noticeable changes like the angle of arc on the first curve needing to be less acute, I definitely won't be making changes like that. The only change I might make is to the head board... I remembered it was flat but not slanted. I'll have to check because a little Apoxie Sculpt should fix that up.

Mike

Thanks again, Mike.

Sounds like it's not what we were expecting from the pic below. Don't mind doing the strings and keys. The positive is it's prolly the correct scale and shape, but the red color bugs me. I should get mine tomorrow or tuesday.

aaapmhof.jpg

I got mine. its orange..

Please post a pic.

I can live with orange, all you need is a little brown to correct that, but cherry red would be tough.

The only change I might make is to the head board... I remembered it was flat but not slanted.

Mike, the Sullivan Hof head is slanted, actually a slant curve.

1-aaabeatles.jpg

Last edited:
I got mine as well, and orange is about the right way to describe it. It's got more red in it than it should. Other than that, mine is pinstriped and looks pretty great! I'll (hopefully) put together a strap tonight and showcase some pics of my group shot in the next few days.

Well, I got a better look at the Uncle Fat Hof. Some corrections on my part. It is a burst color. One of my Hofs was a dark cherry red with a darker border (near black) but if I looked real hard I can see the lighter orange near the middle (it looks more like the Let it Be era Hof Macca used on the Roof top). The other Hof has a larger area of orange and darkens toward the edge (more like the Probadisk but still too red). So, it'll all depend on the paint job.

The head on both guitars is black... I think the red felt on the case made mine look brown in the light. The head stock has the slanted French curve like the Hofner violin bass, not the archtop like the Gibson viola bass. On both Hofs, the tuning keys are silver, the tuning pegs are copper as are the guitar strings.

With the UncleFat RIC, it'll look about right.

Mike

Yeah it has the later darker shade like on the rooftop concert, which is fine because im workin on a rooftop dio!

Great! Post pics when you're done.

Overall, I'm satisfied with this Hof. That was the major stumbling block to doing this project. John's RIC is easy to get. And George used different guitars including a 12 String RIC.

The Hof will look about right with any 1/6th guitar George used or it's close 1/6th approximation. I have a couple of Acoustic and Les Pauls (a great Gretsch DuoJet base), and a Gibson ES 175 (It's sized like the Gretsch/Epiphone dual cutaway Store Rooms used to sell but a different color but it could pass for the Gretsch Tennessean George used in HELP!.)

I'll probably mod a black Les Paul to a Gretsch DuoJet or get the Electric Folk Guitar from FireBird Arts and tint it brown. At worst, I have an Uncle Fat acoustic that'll be just right for an "And I Love Her" set up for George.

With any luck, Uncle Fat will sell this Hof on his website or on eBay. With his present offers he could sell 1/6th Beatles guitar sets: the Hof, a RIC, and an Acoustic for example or a burst RIC (A Hard Day's Night/HELP!). And if he does get an Epiphone/Gretsch CG like Store-Rooms had with the RIC and this Hof, he could offer a 1/6th guitar Beatles Sullivan Tribute set now that that anniversary's coming up.

Mike

Thanks as always, Mike.

I need to find a Harrison guitar for my brother's Sullivan set. I picked up the Hof and Rick from unclefat, it doesn't have to be the Gretsch CG storerooms sold but it'd be preferable. I think he might like the burst Rick too.

Do you have any suggestions or links? I checked unclefat's sites and really couldn't find anything. I really don't want to mod anything colorwise.

My Hof came in... I like it, just needs pinstriping and minor detailing.

1-ahof2.jpg

1-ahof1.jpg

1-ahof.jpg

Will also post pics on Beatles thread

Got mine today too. Looks ok (aside from the pins holding the strings in coming out when I opened the package).

Sadly it's about 1.5 inches too long. Near as I can tell a Hofner is about 30 inches long, or 5 inches in 1/6 scale (someone correct me if I'm wrong about the length of a 1/1 Hofner). But these are 6.5 inches long. I wish someone would make true 1/6th instruments.

Sean

No. I checked out the dimensions of the Hofner and Unclefat's is as close to 1/6th as you'll find. The 1:1 Hof was 38-39 inches long which in true 1/6th is 6.33" to 6.5". Unclefat's Hof is 6.75". For me, that .25" difference isn't noticeable.

Mike

Last edited:
PJAM,

Here's another Uncle Fat site. For a 1/6th scale Ramirez guitar like the one George played on "And I Love Her" it's C17:

https://musicandgift.com/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d45_03.html

Here're some guitars G12 would be the RIC and G08 would be the Blue Strats George and John played:

G16 and G19 would also be Beatles guitars:

Here's a story about John and George and Strats:

https://www.laster.it/chitarre-elettriche/john-lennon-sonic-blue-stratocaster-english-version.html

Mike

No. I checked out the dimensions of the Hofner and Unclefat's is as close to 1/6th as you'll find. The 1:1 Hof was 38-39 inches long which in true 1/6th is 6.33" to 6.5". Unclefat's Hof is 6.75". For me, that .25" difference isn't noticeable.

Mike

Ah I see, somewhere I misread the scale of 30 inches as the length. Still, the bridge end of the Hofner looks a little "long" to me.

Sean

Back