1/6 ALIENS Newt!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shawn replied to me and we're "all good" now. What a relief. :D I can still get the Newt from him with the rooted hair. :banana

Thanks pjam for your help! Shawn is a great guy too for keeping me on the list. :D

Cool, I was a little worried because I didn't know how many 8" Bodies Shawn ordered. Anyway, you'll love it and be happy you have it.

Things like this gain more appreciation over time.

They sure will! I know that great customs even surpass some of the ones made by Sideshow and Hot Toys in both craftmanship and quality. I am really looking forward to finally owning the perfect Newt! :D

Shawn I sent you my first payment tonight through Paypal to your correct e-mail address you gave me. I want your "rooted hair" full figure kit for Newt like we talked about before. I debated at one time between your molded/cast hair, and the rooted hair. But I've chosen to go with the rooted hair unpainted head sculpt on the full figure kit. I will pay you the remaining balance around Christmas. Thanks again for your help! Thanks to pjam too. I really appreciate it guys. :D Hopefully 2009 will be a much better year financially for me. :eek:

Hey, pjam. Can I see some pictures of your Newt with your awesome custom marines again? I plan on putting my Newt from Shawn next to Ripley where my home-made Newt is now. Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't want to be a nag, but Shawn mentioned on November 26th that 4 of the Newts would be going out the following weekend (the 29th and 30th I guess) and that the rest would go out in mid December. Have any of them actually gone out? I have to admit to getting a little frustrated when I see Shawn posting and taking orders daily for other projects like the Indiana Jones clothes, when we get nothing.

I don't want to be a nag, but Shawn mentioned on November 26th that 4 of the Newts would be going out the following weekend (the 29th and 30th I guess) and that the rest would go out in mid December. Have any of them actually gone out? I have to admit to getting a little frustrated when I see Shawn posting and taking orders daily for other projects like the Indiana Jones clothes, when we get nothing.

I started a thread about it, I'm using December to catch up on everything. The Newts are in there. I've got four done, sitting on my shelf. Most people said they didn't want stuff shipped during the holiday mess, so I had planned to ship after x-mas. the Indy stuff is a pre-order thing. Those orders won't go into production until mid January, same with the few orders I've accepted this month.

Posted on Shawn's update thread...

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45555&page=2

progress2.jpg

Hi. I can order still figure Newt?

You'll have to ask Shawn (SovereignStudio). I'm not sure if he's still making these.

I got my figure last night and it's pretty impressive. The rooted hair in particular is just perfect for this character. The first yarn-like version didn't do it for me, but this version uses very thin strands of hair that are covered them with some sort of wash or maybe thinned glue to get them to stay in place. It makes it kind of matted and unkempt looking, which is a great match for how her hair looked in the movie. The outfit also looks great. I didn't photograph her doll's head, because I'm not sure I'll be displaying her with it. The hair on it is sculpted and it doesn't seem to match Newt very well, and it's a little hard to get her to hold it. It's nice to have though. (Note that the helmet she's wearing is from the Hot Toys figures and doesn't come with the custom, although it does fit nicely.)

I think one of her eyes is a little wonky, so I may end up repainting the eyes, but overall it's better than I had expected. It really makes the display seem complete. I had a Hot Toys stand made up with her name on it, but I'm not sure where it went. Anyway, once I finish with my Apone, I'll probably be done with Aliens in 1/6.

sovereign_newt_custom1.jpg

sovereign_newt_custom2.jpg

sovereign_newt_custom3.jpg

Any further updates on this one, I now know when my Ripley will be touching down so would be good to have Newt lined up.........my diorama is waiting for them :chew

a shame that she has has hit ebay before all have even shipped....I wonder who's auction this is. Oh well.......hopefully mine will arrive soon.:eek:

Back