1/6 advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gates70

Super Freak
Reaction score
Evening guys, not sure where I should of posted this question, but here goes. I retired from 1/6 collecting about 5 years ago and sold off everything and went to 1/4. I'm starting to find it a bit too expensive for nothing, so I want to start up in 1/6 again. The other reason is that a lot of franchises that I would want, are just not being made in 1/4 scale (a lot of 80's stuff) and even if it were, it would cost a fortune to finish a line. Now my question to the 1/6 experts is, what is in danger of being sold out and what should I start with ? Here is a list of what I've eyed so far in some research:

HT Robocop
HT Robocop damaged
HT '89 Joker or Mime ?
HT SW Old Ben
HT Vader
HT Luke EP 4
HT Han and Chewie (even though I'm not a fan of the HAN HS)
HT Iron Man (too many to list, so if you have suggestions, be my guest)
HT Stormtroopers
HT BTTF

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

ANH Stormtroopers are sold out, I believe. So if you can find those I would go for it, or wait for ESB or ROTJ versions. Han and Chewie sold out once and are now in a second run.

For starters, if you're exclusively collecting one particular scale then 1/4 was a horrible choice indeed, since options are limited, prices are high and space will quickly be an issue. I consider 1/4 figures a supplement to 1/6 figures rather than replacements.

As for the figures you listed, it seems like quite a few there are fairly easily available at the secondary market without crazy inflated prices so that's good!

Now would be the time to get chewie and han because last time they sold out, prices sky rocketed to $800 plus for the set.. recently ive seen em sell for as low as $400 now..
Dx08 joker is a grail for me def above the mime dx14, however the dx14 is still nice and is usually pretty adorable in around the $160 range if you look hard enough. .. as for iron man... there all pretty cool (for the most part) and have dropped immensely in prices recently but id still probably stick to the more classic and iconic suits preferably die cast ones like the mark 42 which you can currently get at a really great price both on the board and ebay as oppose to one of the other hundred suits that have only appeared as a small blur in the backround of the movies blowing up and are being sold for between $300-$700 haha. .. crazy. ..

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Now would be the time to get chewie and han because last time they sold out, prices sky rocketed to $800 plus for the set.. recently ive seen em sell for as low as $400 now..
Dx08 joker is a grail for me def above the mime dx14, however the dx14 is still nice and is usually pretty adorable in around the $160 range if you look hard enough. .. as for iron man... there all pretty cool (for the most part) and have dropped immensely in prices recently but id still probably stick to the more classic and iconic suits preferably die cast ones like the mark 42 which you can currently get at a really great price both on the board and ebay as oppose to one of the other hundred suits that have only appeared as a small blur in the backround of the movies blowing up and are being sold for between $300-$700 haha. .. crazy. ..

Thanks for the info!

I have over 35 1/6 bowens and have decided to collect 1/4 sideshow and XM but I will be collecting both scales. I am looking at 1/6 diorama's also. You dont need to collect just one scale. You can even mix scales in the same curio cabinet

HT Han & Chewie and Obi-wan initially sold out, but Hot Toys did a second run. I initially didn't pick up the Han & Chewie set partially because of all the negative info. A year later after finally having them in hand. They are both amazing. The pics on Sideshow's site are horrible, but they are great in person. You will not be disappointed by Han's head sculpt when its in han(d). lol EP4 Luke seems to still be available at most retailers at cost. I'd wait for another version of Vader the electronics setup is horrible (watch theClipperKing's Youtube review). '89 Joker isn't as easy to find as the SW items.

I have over 35 1/6 bowens and have decided to collect 1/4 sideshow and XM but I will be collecting both scales. I am looking at 1/6 diorama's also. You dont need to collect just one scale. You can even mix scales in the same curio cabinet

HT Han & Chewie and Obi-wan initially sold out, but Hot Toys did a second run. I initially didn't pick up the Han & Chewie set partially because of all the negative info. A year later after finally having them in hand. They are both amazing. The pics on Sideshow's site are horrible, but they are great in person. You will not be disappointed by Han's head sculpt when its in han(d). lol EP4 Luke seems to still be available at most retailers at cost. I'd wait for another version of Vader the electronics setup is horrible (watch theClipperKing's Youtube review). '89 Joker isn't as easy to find as the SW items.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Does anyone know whats a good paint brand and color to use on an iron man mark VI (6) to fix thr pink panties issue?

Does anyone know whats a good paint brand and color to use on an iron man mark VI (6) to fix thr pink panties issue?

If you Google it, somewhere is a video where the guy used T-Cut and just rubbed it back. Then he laquered it. Didn't need to respray. Not promising that will work for you, but if you're looking at spraying them, then there's no reason not to give it a go. You might wanna post your question in the IM6 thread.

If you Google it, somewhere is a video where the guy used T-Cut and just rubbed it back. Then he laquered it. Didn't need to respray. Not promising that will work for you, but if you're looking at spraying them, then there's no reason not to give it a go. You might wanna post your question in the IM6 thread.
Thanks you so much I appreciate the advice bud... yea I actually did find out some more info and that YouTube video. Gonna give that a try and if it dont look ok after that then ill just have to try the re-paint myself

HT Vader and Chewy r incredible . Start there .

Thanks for the advice. I actually started with HT Jack Joker before it goes away with stupid prices and Terminator DX 13. Now have HT Superman on the way before I can't get that either.

Back