1/6 Achilles from the movie Troy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. However I do think that there is a use for the Hot Toys Muscle body....there are some characters that need a muscle body. Rambo, Rocky, Drake and now Achilles (and my WIP Leonidas) :cool:
Another benefit of the muscle body, is the strength in the arms. Achilles can now hold his shield easily, whereas before it was way too heavy.

Well hey, I certainly can't argue with the looks of that figure. It's nothing short of art.

I could see where the arm strength could come in handy, too. I made a Leonidas on a BBI muscular body and it was a chore getting him to raise the NECA shield and hold it in place.

Both have their advantages, I suppose.

Nice work, and if you see that Hector fig again you've gotta post it! I'm down for all things Bana....except for "Hulk" and that crappy Drew Barrymore movie he just did....

Thanks to Zed's thread here I went on ebay and picked this guy up. Had never seen him before, but I really liked the look of the character even if the movie was wanting.

Just got him today and I have to say I'm very, very impressed. He's truly great, even on the standard HT body. The sheild is too heavy for the arm, but besides that he's an awesome figure. I'd buy the Hector in a second if I can find it.

This custom group should take on Maximus - that would be far more popular than Achilles I'm thinking.

Yeah guys, this one is astonishing! I am getting really perplexed with the incredibly well done Achilles and Leonidas figures I have seen lately. What frustrates me, is I CAN'T JUST GO ORDER ONE FROM HOT TOYS! :lol
These are made so well, they LOOK like company produced figures! And this one is absolutely terrific. Just a show stopper all the way.
Great work Zed!

G'day All

I picked this figure up from Ebay from seller ironcrosshunter after a mate sent me the link and I was determined to have him straight away as I am a big fan of the movie. As good as this figure was upon delivery, I realized he needed a little bit more work to make him movie accurate.

A couple quick things.

First...

As good as it looks on HT Muscle body, I think a Comedian, Wolverine, Dastan or Royce body would give you both great looks and articulation.
Or even better yet, you can take the legs off a perseus body and put it on Dastan body, it looks fantastic for figures like these.

Then of course, you could just use the HT Perseus body, it's got the arms, legs, articulation and will last a lot longer then the rubber
covered HT muscle body.

Second....

It's unfortunate the guy you bought the figure from is a
well known recaster, I don't even think the original figure is even his. I'm pretty sure I remember him making recast of the original
Achilles sculpt & armor parts of the figure that came out years ago.

Yep, I just checked, he's got all the recasted parts still on his ebay store.

Hopefully the recasted parts on your figure are not all pitted
and poorly made.
I try not to support sellers like that, but I understand the
temptation. He's got some hard to find things that he's
recasted and lot's of people are drawn to that.
You just have to be okay with it and be careful of poor
quality recasts.

Not fond of re-casting myself, but wasn't aware of the actual history of this figure.
I thought this guy was the one who made the figure in the first place...

However, the head sculpt does look different or at least tweaked compared to the original.
Having said that, the casting itself seems pretty good except for the sword.

Anyone know who these figures were originally made by and where they might be found? I'd be interested in getting clothing sets so I could start down the road of having some customs produced.

Back