1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In order of pictures posted:

- Mark XXXVI Peacmaker
- Mark IX
- Mark XV Sneaky
- Mark XXV Thumper
- Mark XXIX Fiddler
- Mark XI
- Mark XXXI Piston

---

- Mark XXX Blue Steel
- Mark XXVIII Jack
- Mark XVIII Casanova
- Mark XXIII Shades
- Mark XX Python
- Mark XXXIV Southpaw
- Mark XIX Tiger
- Mark XXVI Gamma
- Mark XVI Nightclub (wrong colors though)
- Mark X
- Mark XXVII Disco
- Mark XXXII Romeo
- Mark VIII
- Mark XXIV Tank

---

- Mark XIII
- Mark XII
- Mark XXII Hot Rod

Hey thanks for the updates!

I see why Hot Toys is concentrating on Iron Man now. They're afraid of losing their biggest cash cow to Play Imaginative.

They have nothing to worry about- the 1/12 line is piss poor and the 1/4 line is too expensive for just "good" quality. These come nowwhere near HT.
I do agree HT is going toe to toe with PI on so many announcements but is there any doubt who will "win" here??

They have nothing to worry about- the 1/12 line is piss poor and the 1/4 line is too expensive for just "good" quality. These come nowwhere near HT.
I do agree HT is going toe to toe with PI on so many announcements but is there any doubt who will "win" here??

How are they "piss poor" - they haven't even been released yet?

I agree about the 1/4, less detailed prototype pics than HT 1/6 releases and too expensive if you plan on collecting 42 armors.

November for 1/4 Mk 42?....yeah...whatever you wish to believe......
I think it's possible. You can see all 5 sculpts finally being shown @stgcc & all interchangeable damaged parts were also shown. I think they're almost done.
Haven't seen the 1/12 myself. My friend says that the war machine mark 2 @stgcc display case was still made of plastic so he bought 1 pcs. He said that it was very nice.
the 1/4 is yet to be seen, but I agree it's almost impossible for PI to beat HT.

The Mk.2 War Machine and Starboost are now up at Alteregocomics, for $585 each!

I'm still waiting for in-hand pics.
I don't want to be the guinea pig at those prices.

Piss Poor?
I think Monger and Whiplash look great, I am defo having them in Diecast. I also think the 1/12 is ideal for people on a low budget who cannot afford Hot Toys but may be able to stretch to these.

Yeah that is a hefty price tag for stuff that is of highly questionable quality- I like MK 42 but some of the other prototypes looked rushed. Even at $585 they have to be top-notch for me to consider...

It's worth noting those are not EX versions so you don't get the extra head sculpts. But still about $15 cheaper than BBTS.

I think it's possible. You can see all 5 sculpts finally being shown @stgcc & all interchangeable damaged parts were also shown. I think they're almost done.

I'd like to believe that. But they are not making just one, they're making a whole bunch of them. And also those head sculpts are supposed to be hand painted too.

Last edited:
It's worth noting those are not EX versions so you don't get the extra head sculpts. But still about $15 cheaper than BBTS.

I'd like to believe that. But they are not making just one, they're making a whole bunch of them. And also those head sculpts are supposed to be hand painted too.

But they managed to release 1/12 wm mark 2 & irin patriot, also super alloy superman. So maybe.... just maybe... this won't get delayed:lol
Did anyone here have picture of mark 1 inside the hoa?
I'll be sure to get that if they're making one

Mark XL - Shotgun
9649750889_e393f443c8_b.jpg

Mmmmm Shotgun....I want you so bad...

:drool

Just got the info from william lau. The 1/4 mark 42 is being pushed back for may/ june 2014 release date

I saw that info in a forum too. That's too bad. HT is going to get all my money first. :monkey3 I guess there won't be any 1/4 IM this year since War Machine and Starboost won't be out this year either.

I saw that info in a forum too. That's too bad. HT is going to get all my money first. :monkey3 I guess there won't be any 1/4 IM this year since War Machine and Starboost won't be out this year either.

This thing was never going to be released this year:rotfl PI were crazy with their release dates. But HT sucks at it as well...

Ah whatever :explode:

Back