1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, Reuters, thanks so much for the photos. Great work!

Secondly....despite the over saturation of iron man...PI are not effin around. They are truly setting themselves up as a serious player in the collectible market. I haven't seen this type of aggressiveness with a license before, especially from a rather unknown company.

I like what I'm seeing. Some aren't as polished as others, but they're prototypes and will see improvements.

Each piece is a bit too rich for my blood. But that doesn't mean I won't be picking up any at all...I got my eye on heartbreaker and silver centurion.

Ill be watching PI very closely...they are showing great promise.

First off, Reuters, thanks so much for the photos. Great work!

Secondly....despite the over saturation of iron man...PI are not effin around. They are truly setting themselves up as a serious player in the collectible market. I haven't seen this type of aggressiveness with a license before, especially from a rather unknown company.

I like what I'm seeing. Some aren't as polished as others, but they're prototypes and will see improvements.

Ill be watching PI very closely...they are showing great promise.

:goodpost:agreed I always at the end of the year pick out what lines I'm committed to for next year , I'm totally committed to the 1/4 Iron man marks fig line by PI as long as they keep them coming, that's why I sold all my enterbay 1/4 I had them all, then they sneaked us so many pics for 2013 its Sept and I still haven't seen a preorder yet, I hate when lines drag as*

They're improving. PI appears to be a serious player.
That Mk.42 is has been in production longer than any of those other 1/4 armors, and it's looking decent.

Reuters, thanks for all the pics bro! :clap

First of all, Mark 42 with Pepper Potts HS.
9649742925_7356e103c3_b.jpg

9648050266_ba00b0b1a2_b.jpg

9649742121_b2f45eb305_b.jpg

HS for Tony Stark.
9652983668_2520e9c3e0_b.jpg

9649742589_c247e376e9_b.jpg

9649742703_d81beefa81_b.jpg

Wait so is this Mark 42 along with all the armors in the back as well as the Hall of Armor display all in 1/4th scale?

What do you guys think about mk 42 proportion?
Seems a bit off for me though. It looks like his legs are too long compared to the upper body. I believe this will be fixed though, just like the mk7

Seems a bit off for me though. It looks like his legs are too long compared to the upper body. I believe this will be fixed though, just like the mk7

Isn't it due out this month or October, though? If so, I think we might be looking at the production piece.

Isn't it due out this month or October, though? If so, I think we might be looking at the production piece.
it's november on their website. still I felt that was the same mark 42 from the hk anicom.
They do.
I think they look just as good as Hot Toys.

The Don Cheadle sculpt, on the other hand...
It's clear PI has the better likeness:
I agree :goodpost:
even the HT tony armor testing version headsculpt isn't as good as this.
and the cheadle sculpt is great:yess:
I believe someday we'll see 1/4 hall of armors too :yess:

Looking back at the pictures of the initial prototype. The very first one looks a little bit slimmer but it's pretty close. It doesn't look off to me. It looks a lot better than War machine and Starboost. The only issue I have is the legs are still too spread apart. There's also a slight gap between the chest piece and the abs too.

it's november on their website. still I felt that was the same mark 42 from the hk anicom.

I agree :goodpost:
even the HT tony armor testing version headsculpt isn't as good as this.
and the cheadle sculpt is great:yess:
I believe someday we'll see 1/4 hall of armors too :yess:

If it comes out November, I don't understand why they haven't started taking overseas pre-orders already. Considering both War Machine and Starboost both won't be released for another 5-6 months. Seems strange that they are taking pre-orders for those two now instead. The Mark 42 at the show seems pretty complete to me except the fact that it's only showing 4 pairs of hands instead of 5 as stated on their spec list.

Last edited:
Where's our preorder from BBTS on the 1/4 mark 42,if its coming out in Nov???are there anymore U.S. retailers other then BBTS?

Some other suits which I have no idea what are they.

In order of pictures posted:

- Mark XXXVI Peacemaker
- Mark IX
- Mark XV Sneaky
- Mark XXV Thumper
- Mark XXIX Fiddler
- Mark XI
- Mark XXXI Piston

---

- Mark XXX Blue Steel
- Mark XXVIII Jack
- Mark XVIII Casanova
- Mark XXIII Shades
- Mark XX Python
- Mark XXXIV Southpaw
- Mark XIX Tiger
- Mark XXVI Gamma
- Mark XVI Nightclub (wrong colors though)
- Mark X
- Mark XXVII Disco
- Mark XXXII Romeo
- Mark VIII
- Mark XXIV Tank

---

- Mark XIII
- Mark XII
- Mark XXII Hot Rod

Last edited:
Back